Teachers are role models for many students. I personally feel that these are the qualities of a good teacher.
1. The teachers should constantly motivate their students. Never say anything negative about any one. Always the brighter side of any student should be highlighted more to bring in more success from them.
2. The teahers should guide the students to learn lessons from their student's life experieces.
3. The teahers should be able to impart the fact that knowledge gives every other things in life.
4. The teahers should be able to co-relate the student's feelings and emotions with their behaviour. The teacher should be a friend to them when the students are in sorrow or when they are rejoicing.
5. The teachers should be able to accomplish and accept new ideas and thoughts. At times, the students give better ideas than the teachers and the teachers should be able to accept them without posing any ego.
6. Teachers should have lots of creativity to teach the young minds. They should be able to make activity based learning possible which will make the students understand better. This kind of approach will be definitey acknowledged the best by the students and that teacher is sure to be known for these method of teaching.
7. High sense of humor will reduce the line of barriers between the students and teachers. This sense of humour helps in tougher situations. This kind of teacher is sure to gain more regards from not just the students but also from their parents. But with this sense of humor, the teacher should also be firm.
8. Students are different, some are visual learners, some are auditory and some learn through constant touching and practice. The teacher have to be able to present the subject on par with all these type of learners.
9. The teacher, whatever be their emotion of the day, should not show it out and maintain calmness. If the teacher goes out of control, the students get either out of control or get overly scared.
10. The teacher should be a good listener, which will help them to destress the students.
11. The teachers should respect their students and also their collegues. Never talk ill about another teacher to students, this will make the teacher loose respect among the students.
12. The teachers are the role models, the teachers are every one's inspirations, the teachers are guides; so the teachers should be constantly updating themselves.
|Author: Avdhut Sonpethkar 17 Aug 2008||Member Level: Gold Points : 1|
You have posted a nice artical here
truely a teacher with all these qualities will be the best teacher .
|Author: kavi 18 Aug 2008||Member Level: Silver Points : 1|
you article about he teachert is absolutly good.
i recall all my school teachers when i read your article and i cherish the memories of he and all the effort she took on me to bring me upto a good and nice level...iam, proud of my maths teacher AKHILA SHADEVAN...........
|Author: RajmiArun 18 Aug 2008||Member Level: Diamond Points : 1|
|It is really good to read that my article rekindled your memory about your maths teacher Kavi. |
|Guest Author: Bharath L 24 Jun 2013|
|This information on Qualities of a good teacher is very nice, and its detail are very helpful, good article. Thanks|