JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
III Year B.Tech. CSE -I Semester
UNIT I :
Introduction, Application areas of Computer Graphics, overview of graphics systems, video-display devices, raster-scan systems, random scan systems, graphics monitors and work stations and input devices
(p.nos 22-90 of text book-1).
UNIT II :
Output primitives : Points and lines, line drawing algorithms, mid-point circle and ellipse algorithms.Filled area primitives: Scan line polygon fill algorithm, boundary-fill and flood-fill algorithms (p.nos 103-123,137- 145,147-150,164-171 of text book-1, p.nos. 72-99 of text book-2).
UNIT III :
2-D geometrical transforms : Translation, scaling, rotation, reflection and shear transformations, matrix representations and homogeneous coordinates, composite transforms, transformations between coordinate systems. (p.nos 204-227 of text book-1).
UNIT IV :
2-D viewing : The viewing pipeline, viewing coordinate reference frame, window to view-port coordinate transformation, viewing functions, Cohen-Sutherland and Cyrus-beck line clipping algorithms, Sutherland –Hodgeman polygon clipping algorithm(p.nos 237-249,257-261 of text book -1, p.nos. 111-126 of text book-2).
UNIT V :
3-D object representation : Polygon surfaces, quadric surfaces, spline representation, Hermite curve, Bezier curve and B-Spline curves, Bezier and B-Spline surfaces. Basic illumination models, polygon rendering methods. (p.nos 324-331,340-342, 347-364, 516-531, 542-546 of text book-1, p.nos 473-529,721-739 of text book-2).
UNIT VI :
3-D Geometric transformations : Translation, rotation, scaling, reflection and shear transformations, composite transformations.
3-D viewing : Viewing pipeline, viewing coordinates, view volume and general projection transforms and clipping (p.nos 427-443, 452-481 of text book -1).
UNIT VII :
Visible surface detection methods : Classification, back-face detection, depth-buffer, scan-line, depth sorting, BSP-tree methods, area sub-division and octree methods(p.nos 489-505 of text book -1, Chapter 15 of of text book-2).
UNIT VIII :
Computer animation : Design of animation sequence, general computer animation functions, raster animation, computer animation languages, key frame systems, motion specifications. ( p.nos 604-616 of text book -1, chapter 21 of text book-2).
TEXT BOOKS :
1. “Computer Graphics C version”, Donald Hearn and M.Pauline Baker, Pearson Education.
2. “Computer Graphics Principles & practice”, second edition in C, Foley, VanDam, Feiner and Hughes, Pearson Education.
1. “Computer Graphics”, second Edition, Donald Hearn and M.Pauline Baker, PHI/Pearson Education.
2. “Computer Graphics Second edition”, Zhigand xiang, Roy Plastock, Schaum’s outlines, Tata Mc- Graw hill edition.
3. Procedural elements for Computer Graphics, David F Rogers, Tata Mc Graw hill, 2nd edition.
4. “Principles of Interactive Computer Graphics”, Neuman and Sproul, TMH.
5. Principles of Computer Graphics, Shalini Govil, Pai, 2005, Springer.
6. Computer Graphics, Steven Harrington, TMH
No responses found. Be the first to respond...