Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
AE1352 HEAT TRANSFER Syllabus - Anna university
In this article, you will know AE1352 HEAT TRANSFER Syllabus - Anna university detail.
AE1352 HEAT TRANSFER 3 0 0 100
To introduce the concepts of heat transfer to enable the students to design components subjected to thermal loading.
1. HEAT CONDUCTION 11
Basic Modes of Heat Transfer – One dimensional steady state heat conduction: Composite Medium – Critical thickness – Effect of variation of thermal Conductivity – Extended Surfaces – Unsteady state.
Heat Conduction: Lumped System Analysis – Heat Transfer in Semi infinite and infinite solids – Use of Transient – Temperature charts – Application of numerical techniques.
2. CONVECTIVE HEAT TRANSFER 10
Introduction – Free convection in atmosphere free convection on a vertical flat plate – Empirical relation in free convection – Forced convection – Laminar and turbulent convective heat transfer analysis in flows between parallel plates, over a flat plate and in a circular pipe. Empirical relations, application of numerical techniques in problem solving.
3. RADIATIVE HEAT TRANSFER 8
Introduction to Physical mechanism – Radiation properties – Radiation shape factors – Heat exchange between non – black bodies – Radiation shields.
4. HEAT EXCHANGERS 8
Classification – Temperature Distribution – Overall heat transfer coefficient, Heat Exchange Analysis – LMTD Method and E-NTU Method.
5. HEAT TRANSFER PROBLEMS IN AEROSPACE ENGINEERING 8
High-Speed flow Heat Transfer, Heat Transfer problems in gas turbine combustion chambers – Rocket thrust chambers – Aerodynamic heating – Ablative heat transfer.
TOTAL : 45
1. Yunus A. Cengel., “Heat Transfer – A practical approach”, Second Edition, Tata McGraw-Hill, 2002.
2. Incropera. F.P.and Dewitt.D.P. “ Introduction to Heat Transfer”, John Wiley and Sons – 2002.
1. Lienhard, J.H., “A Heat Transfer Text Book”, Prentice Hall Inc., 1981.
2. Holman, J.P. “Heat Transfer”, McGraw-Hill Book Co., Inc., New York, 6th Edn., 1991.
3. Sachdeva, S.C., “Fundamentals of Engineering Heat & Mass Transfer”, Wiley Eastern Ltd., New Delhi, 1981.
4. Mathur, M. and Sharma, R.P. “Gas Turbine and Jet and Rocket Propulsion”, Standard Publishers, New Delhi 1988.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...