Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
CS1353 SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Syllabus - Anna University
In this article, you will get CS1353 SOFTWARE ENGINEERING Syllabus - Anna University detail.
CS1353 SOFTWARE ENGINEERING 3 0 0 100
To introduce the methodologies involved in the development and maintenance of software (i.e) over its entire life cycle.
To be aware of
• Different life cycle models
• Requirement dictation process
• Analysis modeling and specification
• Architectural and detailed design methods
• Implementation and testing strategies
• Verification and validation techniques
• Project planning and management
• Use of CASE tools
UNIT I SOFTWARE PROCESS 9
Introduction –S/W Engineering Paradigm – life cycle models (water fall, incremental, spiral, WINWIN spiral, evolutionary, prototyping, object oriented) - system engineering – computer based system – verification – validation – life cycle process – development process –system engineering hierarchy.
UNIT II SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS 9
Functional and non-functional - user – system –requirement engineering process – feasibility studies – requirements – elicitation – validation and management – software prototyping – prototyping in the software process – rapid prototyping techniques – user interface prototyping -S/W document. Analysis and modeling – data, functional and behavioral models – structured analysis and data dictionary.
UNIT III DESIGN CONCEPTS AND PRINCIPLES 9
Design process and concepts – modular design – design heuristic – design model and document. Architectural design – software architecture – data design – architectural design – transform and transaction mapping – user interface design – user interface design principles. Real time systems - Real time software design – system design – real time executives – data acquisition system - monitoring and control system. SCM – Need for SCM – Version control – Introduction to SCM process – Software configuration items.
UNIT IV TESTING 9
Taxonomy of software testing – levels – test activities – types of s/w test – black box testing – testing boundary conditions – structural testing – test coverage criteria based on data flow mechanisms – regression testing – testing in the large. S/W testing strategies – strategic approach and issues - unit testing – integration testing – validation testing – system testing and debugging.
UNIT V SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT 9
Measures and measurements – S/W complexity and science measure – size measure – data and logic structure measure – information flow measure. Software cost estimation – function point models – COCOMO model- Delphi method.- Defining a Task Network – Scheduling – Earned Value Analysis – Error Tracking - Software changes – program evolution dynamics – software maintenance – Architectural evolution. Taxonomy of CASE tools.
TOTAL : 45
1. Roger S.Pressman, Software engineering- A practitioner’s Approach, McGraw-Hill International Edition, 5th edition, 2001.
1. Ian Sommerville, Software engineering, Pearson education Asia, 6th edition, 2000.
2. Pankaj Jalote- An Integrated Approach to Software Engineering, Springer Verlag, 1997.
3. James F Peters and Witold Pedryez, “Software Engineering – An Engineering Approach”, John Wiley and Sons, New Delhi, 2000.
4. Ali Behforooz and Frederick J Hudson, “Software Engineering Fundamentals”, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 1996.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...