Bangalore University - B.Com 2nd Sem - Business Economics - II
Posted Date: 10-Dec-2007
BUSINESS ECONOMICS II
The objective of this paper is to give exposure to the current problem of the Indian Economy and how these problems affect the working of business organisations and how the international organisations helps an economy to overcome these problems.
UNIT – 1:
A. Perfect competition- features – price and output determination- influence of time element on price and output.
B. Monopoly – features – price and output determination – price discrimination – price output determination under discriminating monopoly.
C. Monopolistic competition- features – price and output determination in short run and in industry.
D. Features of duopoly and oligopoly.
UNIT – 2:
Pricing Policy - general considerations –objectives – factors involved in pricing policy.
UNIT - 3 :
Business Cycles – phases of business cycle - effects of business cycle –measures to control the business cycle.
UNIT – 4:
Balance of Trade and Balance of Payments – components of balance of payments- disequilibrium in the balance of payments – methods of correction of disequilibrium – India’s balance of payments crisis of 199o’s.
UNIT - 5
Foreign Trade and Economic Development - foreign aid in economic development: types, role of foreign trade, factors determining the amount of foreign aid for economic development.
Private foreign investment and multinational corporations- types, merits and demerits.
UNIT – 6:
Exim policy 2002-07; highlights; critical evaluation of Exim policy.
- Prepare charts for 1st Unit.
- Chart out the factor influencing pricing policy.
- Present a diagram showing business cycles.
- Present the Balance of Payment chart of India for the latest year
- Collect and present in tabular form foreign aid to India during at least last 5 years.
BOOKS FOR REFERENCE:
1. M L Jhingan: International Economics
2. Niravathi & C Ramani Nair: International Economics
3. Joel Dean: Managerial Economics
4. Sankaran : Business Economics
5. Varsheney and Maheswari : Managerial Economics
6. D M Mithani : Business Economics
7. Seth M L Text Book of Economic Theory
8. K K Dewett : Economic Theory
9. Petersen & Lewis: Managerial Economics
10. Mote V L peul. S & Gupta G S: Managerial Economics TMH
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Bangalore University - B.Com 2nd Sem - Business Economics - II"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.