Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » General
After income tax it is the time of business people to file their sales tax returns. Most of the time it is the salaried people who end up paying all their taxes whereas business people get away stating are running under loss, so no tax.
A) General Instructions:-
New return forms Form 231, Form 232 , Form 233 , Form 234 , Form 235 and CST Form III (E) have been introduced in place of Form 221, Form 222, Form 223, Form 224 , Form 225 and CST Form III ( B) respectively.
Dealers for whom filing of e-Return has been made mandatory, have to make the payment in the Chalan 210 before the online filing of return
While preparing the electronic return dealers shall write the amount paid along with the Chalan 210 in the field "Amount Already Paid" provided in the return form.
Dealers shall also write deatils of Chalan Number , date of payment and name of bank and Branch in the filed provided in the eReturn.
The refer the notification available on website www.vat.maharashtra.gov.in
B) Procedure for online filing of EReturns
Step 1. On line Registration for filing of e- return
* Dealer can file e_return only after getting registered through “ New user registration” utility available on web site of department of sales tax http://www.mahavat.gov.in
* After selecting above utility , a screen will be displayed wherein dealers have to Click on " Dealer Registration " link
* Thereafter , a screen will be displayed wherein dealers have to enter TIN No & PAN number and press Submit button.
* After authentication of above information , a new screen will be displayed wherein basic information should be entered.
* Thereafter another screen will be displayed , wherein fields of pet name & place of birth have been incorporated to enable the department to ask the secret question in the event the user forgets his password. Dealer should enter these fields .
* In the same screen dealer should enter the password of his choice which should be used at the time of login for e-filing utility.
* In case of any difficulty in user registration please contact ,
a. The In Charge Officer from LTU Branch of Department, in case the dealer
is monitored by LTU branch
b. In other Cases authority in charge of return branch under whose jurisdiction
place of business of dealer falls
c. Contact on help desk number given below in
022 - 23735601
d. Send mail on e-Mail id mention below in help desk
Step 2. Downloading the Return template ( forms)
* The template of e_return is prepared in MS Excel and freely available on web site . http://www.mahavat.gov.in
* Presently templates of Form 231, 232, 233, 234 , 235 and CST return Form are available
* The return templates have inbuilt validation utility in MS Excel as well as Visual Basic to check the self consistency of data entered.
* The templates downloaded from the web site shall be used by dealer as these templates will be uploaded and accepted on web site .
* This template can be used for off line preparation of return. .
* Downloads -> Forms -> E-Return Forms -> Electronic Forms
* Simply follow the URL http://www.mahavat.gov.in/eforms_xls.htmlmov.in/eforms_xls.html
Step 3. Preparation of return.
* Dealers shall taken precaution to use MS Excel in MS Office for preparation and validation of return
* Macro security level setting:- Dealer should keep macro security level “medium” or “low” in “ tools “menu on Manu Bar. This will activate the Visual Basic Validation utility in template of return form.
* After setting the macro security level, the templates should be closed after saving. Thereafter again the same template should be reopened for the purpose of entering the information.
* The return templates have inbuilt validation utility in MS Excel as well as Visual Basic. There are two sheets in the return template. First sheet provides for entering of data whereas on second sheet error are displayed along with detailed error messages.
* After entering the data , dealers must validate the data by pressing “ validate” button which at the bottom of the first sheet. After validation errors are displayed on Error Sheet.
* Dealer must ensure that the data entered is error free and not a single error message is displayed on error sheet and information entered in such template should be saved. E_ Return filing utility will accept only validated and error free returns .
* Downloadable templates 231, 232, 233, 234 , 235 and CST return Forms made available .
Step 4. Uploading the return
* Facility of uploading of electronic return is restricted to authorized dealers only . These are the dealers who are successfully registered from “ New user registration utility “ on the Sales tax Department web site URL :- http://mahavat.gov.in
* At the home page , select dealer type as “ Dealer” and enter valid user_id & password and press the “Submit” button.
* After successful login , click on the e-returns link available on home page.
* There is a option to browse the file that you intend to upload. You may manually enter the path & file name that you wish to upload or browse & select it. (Remember that you should upload the correct & validated return that you have downloaded from site which you have filled & saved. )
* After selecting the file to be uploaded , press the button “validate & upload”. The process of uploading starts & the system validates the template that is being uploaded. If the same is error free it is validated & uploaded. Please note that the system shall not upload the return if it is not validated.
* If uploading process detects errors or defects in return , then error sheet is generated showing details of fields in which errors are detected. This error sheet helps you to make necessary correction in the return file.
* Note : Please note that the system shall not upload the return if it is not validated with in the excel template.
Step 5. Generation of an Acknowledgment:
* Upon successfully validating & uploading of the form, a acknowledgement sheet will be generated. with a unique transaction id and transaction date .
* It shall contain some key fields that you have filled in your e-return.
* You can take a print out of the acknowledgment and retain it for future reference & record.
Step 6 Submission of physical Copy of Return :-
* Department is in then process of issuing a notification whereby dealer filing e-Return with the digital signature will not be required to file physical copy of return. The date will be separately notified.
* Dealer uploading return without digital signature after the notified date shall submit the physical copy of the return along with copy of acknowledgement generated .
* Such copy should be submitted to the officer in charge in the LTU branch in case of dealer being monitored by LTU branch of the department and in other cases to the authorities in charge of return branch under whose jurisdiction the place of business of dealer falls .
Help Desk :-
* In case of ant difficulty please contact ,
a. call on the Number given below in help desk
022 - 23735601
b. e-Mail id mentioned below
Problem during accessing web site :-
Password Retrieval : Should You Forget your login password you can retrieve your password using the link " Forgot Password " from the home page, wherein you can reset the password after entering the key information .
On the web site of Sales Tax Department tax http://www.mahavat.gov.in , there are some add on programs . For functioning these programs , certain utilities are needed on the personal computer from which web site is accessed. If these utilities are not available , then these add on programs may interfere the operation of browser. On the department web site there is Add On program “ Shock Wave Flash Object “ . If the problem is faced in accessing the Web site then ,it is necessary to disable this Add On program from the “ Manage Add On's “ utility in Tools menu on Menu bar.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...