EC1302 DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING 3 1 0 100
To study the signal processing methods and processors.
• To study DFT and its computation
• To study the design techniques for digital filters
• To study the finite word length effects in signal processing
• To study the non-parametric methods of power spectrum estimations
• To study the fundamentals of digital signal processors.
UNIT I FFT 9
Introduction to DFT – Efficient computation of DFT Properties of DFT – FFT algorithms – Radix-2 FFT algorithms – Decimation in Time – Decimation in Frequency algorithms –Use of FFT algorithms in Linear Filtering and correlation.
UNIT II DIGITAL FILTERS DESIGN 9
Amplitude and phase responses of FIR filters – Linear phase filters – Windowing techniques for design of Linear phase FIR filters – Rectangular, Hamming, Kaiser windows – frequency sampling techniques – IIR Filters – Magnitude response – Phase response – group delay - Design of Low Pass Butterworth filters (low pass) - Bilinear transformation – prewarping, impulse invariant transformation.
UNIT III FINITE WORD LENGTH EFFECTS 9
Quantization noise – derivation for quantization noise power – Fixed point and binary floating point number representation – comparison – over flow error – truncation error – co-efficient quantization error - limit cycle oscillation – signal scaling – analytical model of sample and hold operations.
UNIT IV POWER SPECTRUM ESTIMATION 9
Computation of Energy density spectrum – auto correlation and power spectrum of random signals. Periodogram – use of DFT in power spectrum estimation – Non parametric methods for power spectral estimation: Bartlett and Welch methods – Blackman and Tukey method.
UNIT V DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSORS 9
Introduction to DSP architecture – Harvard architecture - Dedicated MAC unit - Multiple ALUs, Advanced addressing modes, Pipelining, Overview of instruction set of TMS320C5X and C54X.
TOTAL : 60
1. John G Proakis, Dimtris G Manolakis, Digital Signal Processing Principles, Algorithms and Application, PHI, 3rd Edition, 2000,
2. B.Venkataramani & M. Bhaskar, Digital Signal Processor Architecture, Programming and Application, TMH 2002. (UNIT – V)
1. Alan V Oppenheim, Ronald W Schafer, John R Back, Discrete Time Signal Processing, PHI, 2nd Edition 2000,
2. Avtar singh, S.Srinivasan DSP Implementation using DSP microprocessor with Examples from TMS32C54XX -Thamson / Brooks cole Publishers, 2003
3. S.Salivahanan, A.Vallavaraj, Gnanapriya, Digital Signal Processing, McGraw-Hill / TMH, 2000
4. Johny R.Johnson :Introduction to Digital Signal Processing, Prentice Hall, 1984.
5. S.K.Mitra, “Digital Signal Processing- A Computer based approach”, Tata McGraw-Hill, 1998, New Delhi.
No responses found. Be the first to respond...