Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
EC1006 MEDICAL ELECTRONICS Syllabus - Anna University
EC1006 MEDICAL ELECTRONICS 3 0 0 100
To make students to understand the applications of electronics in diagnostic and therapeutic area.
• To study the methods of recording various biopotentials
• To study how to measure biochemical and various physiological information
• To understand the working of units which will help to restore normal functioning
• To understand the use of radiation for diagnostic and therapy
• To understand the need and technique of electrical safety in Hospitals
UNIT I ELECTRO-PHYSIOLOGY AND BIO-POTENTIAL RECORDING 9
The origin of Bio-potentials; biopotential electrodes, biological amplifiers, ECG, EEG, EMG, PCG, EOG, lead systems and recording methods, typical waveforms and signal characteristics.
UNIT II BIO-CHEMICAL AND NON ELECTRICAL PARAMETER MEASUREMENT
PH, PO2, PCO2, PHCO3, Electrophoresis, colorimeter, photometer, Auto analyzer, Blood flow meter, cardiac output, respiratory measurement, Blood pressure, temperature, pulse, Blood cell counters.
UNIT III ASSIST DEVICES AND BIO-TELEMETRY 9
Cardiac pacemakers, DC Defibrillator, Telemetry principles, frequency selection, Bio-telemetry, radio-pill and tele-stimulation.
UNIT IV RADIOLOGICAL EQUIPMENTS 9
Ionosing radiation, Diagnostic x-ray equipments, use of Radio Isotope in diagnosis, Radiation Therapy.
UNIT V RECENT TRENDS IN MEDICAL INSTRUMENTATION 9
Thermograph, endoscopy unit, Laser in medicine, Diathermy units, Electrical safety in medical equipment.
TOTAL : 45
1. Leislie Cromwell, “Biomedical instrumentation and measurement”, Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi, 2002.
1. Khandpur, R.S., “Handbook of Biomedical Instrumentation”, TATA McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, 1997.
2. Joseph J.Carr and John M.Brown, “Introduction to Biomedical equipment Technology”, John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1997.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...