Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
EC1008 HIGH SPEED NETWORKS Syllabus - Anna University
EC1008 HIGH SPEED NETWORKS 3 0 0 100
To highlight the features of different technologies involved in High Speed Networking and their performance.
• Students will get an introduction about ATM and Frame relay.
• Students will be provided with an up-to-date survey of developments in High Speed Networks.
• Enable the students to know techniques involved to support real-time traffic and congestion control.
• Students will be provided with different levels of quality of service (Q.S) to different applications.
UNIT I HIGH SPEED NETWORKS 9
Frame Relay Networks – Asynchronous transfer mode – ATM Protocol Architecture, ATM logical Connection, ATM Cell – ATM Service Categories – AAL.
High Speed LANs: Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber Channel – Wireless LANs: applications, requirements – Architecture of 802.11
UNIT II CONGESTION AND TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT 8
Queuing Analysis- Queuing Models – Single Server Queues – Effects of Congestion – Congestion Control – Traffic Management – Congestion Control in Packet Switching Networks – Frame Relay Congestion Control.
UNIT III TCP AND ATM CONGESTION CONTROL 12
TCP Flow control – TCP Congestion Control – Retransmission – Timer Management – Exponential RTO backoff – KARN’s Algorithm – Window management – Performance of TCP over ATM.
Traffic and Congestion control in ATM – Requirements – Attributes – Traffic Management Frame work, Traffic Control – ABR traffic Management – ABR rate control, RM cell formats, ABR Capacity allocations – GFR traffic management.
UNIT IV INTEGRATED AND DIFFERENTIATED SERVICES 8
Integrated Services Architecture – Approach, Components, Services- Queuing Discipline, FQ, PS, BRFQ, GPS, WFQ – Random Early Detection, Differentiated Services
UNIT V PROTOCOLS FOR QOS SUPPORT 8
RSVP – Goals & Characteristics, Data Flow, RSVP operations, Protocol Mechanisms – Multiprotocol Label Switching – Operations, Label Stacking, Protocol details – RTP – Protocol Architecture, Data Transfer Protocol, RTCP.
TOTAL : 45
1. William Stallings, “HIGH SPEED NETWORKS AND INTERNET”, Pearson Education, Second Edition, 2002.
1. Warland & Pravin Varaiya, “HIGH PERFORMANCE COMMUNICATION NETWORKS”, Jean Harcourt Asia Pvt. Ltd., II Edition, 2001.
2. Irvan Pepelnjk, Jim Guichard and Jeff Apcar, “MPLS and VPN architecture”, Cisco Press, Volume 1 and 2, 2003
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...