EC1013 WIRELESS NETWORKS 3 0 0 100
To study some fundamental concepts in wireless networks.
• To understand physical as wireless MAC layer alternatives techniques.
• To learn planning and operation of wireless networks.
• To study various wireless LAN and WAN concepts.
• To understand WPAN and geo-location systems.
UNIT I PHYSICAL AND WIRELESS MAC LAYER ALTERNATIVES 9
Wired transmission techniques: design of wireless modems, power efficiency, out of band radiation, applied wireless transmission techniques, short distance base band transmission, VWB pulse transmission, broad Modems for higher speeds, diversity and smart receiving techniques, random access for data oriented networks, integration of voice and data traffic.
UNIT II WIRELESS NETWORK PLANNING AND OPERATION 9
Wireless networks topologies, cellular topology, cell fundamentals signal to interference ratio calculation, capacity expansion techniques, cell splitting, use of directional antennas for cell sectoring, micro cell method, overload cells, channels allocation techniques and capacity expansion FCA, channel borrowing techniques, DCA, mobility management, radio resources and power management securities in wireless networks.
UNIT III WIRELESS WAN 9
Mechanism to support a mobile environment, communication in the infrastructure, IS-95 CDMA forward channel, IS – 95 CDMA reverse channel, pallert and frame formats in IS – 95, IMT – 2000; forward channel in W-CDMA and CDMA 2000, reverse channels in W-CDMA and CDMA-2000, GPRS and higher data rates, short messaging service in GPRS mobile application protocols.
UNIT IV WIRELESS LAN 9
Historical overviews of the LAN industry, evolution of the WLAN industry, wireless home networking, IEEE 802.11. The PHY Layer, MAC Layer, wireless ATM, HYPER LAN, HYPER LAN – 2.
UNIT V WPAN ANDGEOLOCATION SYSTEMS 9
IEEE 802.15 WPAN, Home RF, Bluetooth, interface between Bluetooth and 802.11, wireless geolocation technologies for wireless geolocation, geolocation standards for E.911 service.
TOTAL : 45
1. Kaveh Pahlavan, Prashant Krishnamoorthy, Principles of Wireless Networks, - A united approach - Pearson Education, 2002.
1. Jochen Schiller, Mobile Communications, Person Education – 2003, 2nd Edn.
2. X.Wang and H.V.Poor, Wireless Communication Systems, Pearson education, 2004.
3. M.Mallick, Mobile and Wireless design essentials, Wiley Publishing Inc. 2003.
4. P.Nicopolitidis, M.S.Obaidat, G.I. papadimitria, A.S. Pomportsis, Wireless Networks, John Wiley & Sons, 2003.
No responses found. Be the first to respond...