Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
EC1016 ADVANCED ELECTRONIC SYSTEM DESIGN Syllabus - Anna University
EC1016 ADVANCED ELECTRONIC SYSTEM DESIGN 3 0 0 100
To get knowledge about usage of electronic devices in Communication Engineering and Power supplies.
• To study RF component such as resonator, filter, transmission lines, etc…
• To learn design of RF amplifiers using transistors.
• To study modern Power Supplies using SCR and SMPS technology
• To learn about signal shielding & grounding techniques and study of A/D and D/A Converters.
• To learn knowledge about fabrication of PCBs using CAD.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO RF DESIGN 9
RF behaviour of passive components, Chip components and circuit board considerations, Review of transmission lines, Impedance and admittance transformation, Parallel and series connection of networks, ABCD and scattering parameters, Analysis of amplifier using scattering parameter. RF filter – Basic resonator and filter configurations – Butterworth and Chebyshev filters. Implementation of microstrip filter design. Band pass filter and cascading of band pass filter elements.
UNIT II RF TRANSISTOR AMPLIFIER DESIGN 9
Impedance matching using discrete components. Microstrip line matching networks. Amplifier classes of operation and biasing networks – Amplifier power gain, Unilateral design(S12 =0) – Simple input and output matching networks – Bilateral design - Stability circle and conditional stability, Simultaneous conjugate matching for unconditionally stable transistors. Broadband amplifiers, High power amplifiers and multistage amplifiers.
UNIT III DESIGN OF POWER SUPPLIES 9
DC power supply design using transistors and SCRs, Design of crowbar and foldback protection circuits, Switched mode power supplies, Forward, flyback, buck and boost converters, Design of transformers and control circuits for SMPS.
UNIT IV DESIGN OF DATA ACQUISITION SYSTEMS 9
Amplification of Low level signals, Grounding, Shielding and Guarding techniques, Dual slope, quad slope and high speed A/D converters, Microprocessors Compatible A/D converters, Multiplying A/D converters and Logarithmic A/D converters, Sample and Hold, Design of two and four wire transmitters.
UNIT V DESIGN OF PRINTED CIRCUIT BOARDS 9
Introduction to technology of printed circuit boards (PCB), General lay out and rules and parameters, PCB design rules for Digital, High Frequency, Analog, Power Electronics and Microwave circuits, Computer Aided design of PCBs.
TOTAL : 45
1. Reinhold Luduig and Pavel Bretchko, RF Circuit Design – Theory and Applications, Pearson Education, 2000.
2. Sydney Soclof, “Applications of Analog Integrated Circuits”, Prentice Hall of India, 1990.
3. Walter C.Bosshart, “Printed circuit Boards – Design and Technology”, TATA McGraw-Hill, 1983.
1. Keith H.Billings, “Handbook of Switched Mode Supplies” McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., 1989.
2. Michael Jaacob, “Applications and Design with Analog Integrated Circuits” Prentice Hall of India, 1991.
3. Otmar Kigenstein, “Switched Mode Power supplies in Practice”, John Wiley and Sons, 1989.
4. Muhammad H.Rashid, Power Electronics – Circuits, Devices and Applications, Prentice Hall of India, 2004.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...