BM1253 MEDICAL PHYSICS 3 0 0 100
To get the complete understanding of radioactivity and effect of high frequency signals on various tissues of the body.
• To understand various parameters in atomic physics.
• To study effects of radiation in various living cells and lethal dose levels.
• Understand the principles and application of photomedicine.
1. ATOMIC PHYSICS 10
Traditional definition of atom, periodic system of elements, mechanical properties of atom, emission of light and its frequencies. Electromagnetic spectra.
Principles of Nuclear Physics – Natural radioactivity, Decay series, type of radiation and their applications, artificially produced isotopes and its application, accelerator principles; Radionuclides used in Medicine and technology.
2. INTERACTION WITH LIVING CELLS 8
Target theory, single hit and multi target theory, cellular effects of radiation, DNA damage, depression of Macro molecular synthesis, Chromosomal damage.
3. SOMATIC EFFECT OF RADIATION 8
Radio sensitivity protocol of different tissues in human, LD 50/30 effect of radiation on skin, blood forming organs, lenses of eye, embryo and Endocrinal glands.
4. GENETIC EFFECT OF RADIATION 10
Threshold of linear dose effect, relationship, factors affecting frequency of radiation induced mutation, Gene controlled hereditary diseases, biological effect of microwave and RF wave. Variation in dielectric constant and specific conductivity of tissues. Penetration and propagation of signals effects in various vital organs, Protection standards.
PHOTO MEDICINE –Synthesis of Vitamin D in early and late cutaneous effects, Phototherapy, Photo hemotherapy, exposure level, hazards and maximum permissible exposures.
LASER PHYSICS – Characteristics of Laser radiation, Laser speckle, biological effects, laser safety management.
TOTAL : 45
1. Moselly, ‘Non ionising Radiation’ Adam Hilgar Brustol 1988
2. Branski.S and Cherski.P ‘Biological effects of Microwave’ Hutchinson & ROSS Inc. Strondsburg 1980
1. Glasser.O.Medical Physics Vol.1,2,3 year Book Publisher Inc Chicago, 1980
No responses found. Be the first to respond...