UNIVERSITY OF PUNE
M.E.CIVIL (GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING)
SUBJECT CODE 501210
Foundation Design and detailing.
Analysis and interpretation of soil exploration data, estimation of soil parameters for foundation design, selection of type of foundation, load calculations, depth of foundation, proportioning of shallow foundations for safe pressure and allowable settlement, structural design : individual footings, strip footing, combined footing, rigid and flexible mat,
buoyancy raft, basement raft and detailing in each case, deep foundation : design of single pile and pile groups, pile cap design and detailing, design of well foundation, check for stability, base pressure, side pressure and lateral deflection, design of retaining wall including detailing, stability calculations, design of cantilever and anchored sheet pile walls
and ring foundations.
1. Foundation Analysis and Design- Joseph E. Bowels, TATA Mc-Grawhill
2. Design Aids in Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineerimg-Shenbage R Kaniraj,
3. Design of Foundation Systems- Nainan P Kurian, Narosa publication house
4. Foundation Design & Construction- M.J.Tamlinson, ELBS publication
5. Hsai-Yana-Fana- Foundation Engineering Hand book, Chapmon & hall, Newyark
6. G. A. Leonards, Foundation Engineering, McGraw-Hill, 1962.
7. J.E. Bowles, Foundations Analysis and Design, 3rd Ed., McGraw-Hill, 1968.
8. R.B. Peck, W.E. Hanson and T.H. Thornburn, Foundation Engineering, 2nd
Edition, John Wiley and Sons, 1974.
No responses found. Be the first to respond...