Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
CE1204 SURVEYING I Syllabus - Civil Engineering - Anna University
CE1204 SURVEYING I 3 0 0 100
At the end of the course the student will posses knowledge about Chain surveying, Compass surveying, Plane table surveying, Levelling, Theodolite surveying and Engineering surveys.
1. INTRODUCTION AND CHAIN SURVEYING 8
Definition - Principles - Classification - Field and office work - Scales - Conventional signs - Survey instruments, their care and adjustment - Ranging and chaining - Reciprocal ranging - Setting perpendiculars - well - conditioned triangles - Traversing - Plotting - Enlarging and reducing figures.
2. COMPASS SURVEYING AND PLANE TABLE SURVEYING 7
Prismatic compass - Surveyor’s compass - Bearing - Systems and conversions - Local attraction - Magnetic declination - Dip - Traversing - Plotting - Adjustment of errors - Plane table instruments and accessories - Merits and demerits - Methods - Radiation - Intersection - Resection - Traversing.
3. LEVELLING AND APPLICATIONS 12
Level line - Horizontal line - Levels and Staves - Spirit level - Sensitiveness - Bench marks - Temporary and permanent adjustments - Fly and check levelling - Booking - Reduction - Curvature and refraction - Reciprocal levelling - Longitudinal and cross sections - Plotting - Calculation of areas and volumes - Contouring - Methods - Characteristics and uses of contours - Plotting - Earth work volume - Capacity of reservoirs.
4. THEODOLITE SURVEYING 8
Theodolite - Vernier and microptic - Description and uses - Temporary and permanent adjustments of vernier transit - Horizontal angles - Vertical angles - Heights and distances - Traversing - Closing error and distribution - Gale’s tables - Omitted measurements.
5. ENGINEERING SURVEYS 10
Reconnaissance, preliminary and location surveys for engineering projects - Lay out - Setting out works - Route Surveys for highways, railways and waterways - Curve ranging - Horizontal and vertical curves - Simple curves - Setting with chain and tapes, tangential angles by theodolite, double theodolite - Compound and reverse curves - Transition curves - Functions and requirements - Setting out by offsets and angles - Vertical curves - Sight distances - Mine Surveying - instruments - Tunnels - Correlation of under ground and surface surveys - Shafts - Adits.
TOTAL : 45
1. Bannister A. and Raymond S., Surveying, ELBS, Sixth Edition, 1992.
2. Kanetkar T.P., Surveying and Levelling, Vols. I and II, United Book Corporation, Pune, 1994.
1. Clark D., Plane and Geodetic Surveying, Vols. I and II, C.B.S. Publishers and Distributors, Delhi, Sixth Edition, 1971.
2. James M.Anderson and Edward M.Mikhail, Introduction to Surveying, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1985.
3. Heribert Kahmen and Wolfgang Faig, Surveying, Walter de Gruyter, 1995.
4. Punmia B.C. Surveying, Vols. I, II and III, Laxmi Publications, 1989
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...