DESIGN OF COMPOSITE CONSTRUCTION
Introduction of Composite Constructions. Benefits of Composite Construction, Introduction to IS, BS and Euro codal provisions. Composite beams, elastic behaviour of composite beams, No and Full Interaction cases, Shear Connectors, Ultimate load behaviour, Serviceability limits, Effective breadth of flange, Interaction between shear and moment, Basic design consideration and design of composite beams.
Composite floors, Structural elements, Profiled sheet decking, Bending resistance, Serviceability criterion, Analysis for internal forces and moments
Composite Columns, Materials, Concrete filled circular tubular sections, Non-dimensional slenderness, local buckling of steel sections, Effective elastic flexible stiffness, resistance of members to axial compressions, Composite Column design, Fire Resistance.
Composite trusses, Design of truss, Configuration, Application range, Analysis and Design aspects and connection details.
Design of Multi-storeyed commercial and residential composite building, Design basis, load calculations, Design of composite slabs with profile decks, composite beam design, design for compression members, vertical cross bracings, design of foundation.
Design of Composite Construction in Bridges – IRC specifications and code of practice for loads and composite construction. Composite Deck Slab Design – Design of one way deck slab for Class AA and Class A loading, Design of Cantilever Portion of deck Slab. Design of longitudinal girders.
1. Johnson R. P. – Composite Structures of Steel and Concrete, Vol I, Beams, Columns and Frames in Buildings, Oxford Blackwell Scientific Publications.
2. INSDAG teaching resources for structural steel design Vol – 2, Institute for Steel Development and Growth Publishers, Calcutta
3. INSDAG Handbook on Composite Construction – Multi-Storey Buildings, Institute
for Steel Development and Growth Publishers, Calcutta
4. 4. INSDAG Design of Composite Truss for Building, Institute for Steel Development and Growth Publishers, Calcutta
5. 5. INSDAG Handbook on Composite Construction – Bridges and Flyovers, Institute for Steel Development and Growth Publishers, Calcutta
6. 6. INSDAG Design Guide for Composite Highway Bridges (Steel Bridges), Institute for Steel Development and Growth Publishers, Calcutta
7. 7. D. Johnson Victor - Essentials of Bridge Engineering Fifth Edition, Oxford & IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
8. N. Krishna Raju - Design of Bridges, Oxford & IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
9. IS:11384, 1985 Code of Practice for Composite Construction in Structural Steel and Concrete, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi.
10. IRC Codes – IRC: 5, IRC: 6, IRC: 18, IRC: 27, IRC: 45, IRC: 78, IRC: 83
No responses found. Be the first to respond...