508102: Printing Technology Management
Teaching Scheme: Examination Scheme:
Lectures: 3 Hrs. / Week Credits: 3
Theory: 100 Marks
1. Introduction to Print Production and Operations Management – Production, Production systems,
Objective of Production Management, Functions and scope print production department, Types of
Production, Classification of Production systems, Production planning, Shop floor Management.
2. Product design and Process Selection – Introduction, Product Design, Product strategies, Product
policy of an organization, Product Life cycle, Techniques for improving the design process, Process
design and selection, layout design.
3. Managing the Supply Chain – Introduction, Objectives, Demand Forecasting, Long-term and shortterm
Forecasts, Classification of Forecasting methods, Least square methods of Forecasting, Moving
average Forecasting, Exponential smoothening method, Forecast errors.
4. Inventory Control – Meaning, Types of Inventories, Inventory Control, Inventory Models, Inventory
Control system, Selective control of Inventory.
5. Quality Management – Quality challenges, Fundamental concepts of Quality, Quality Cost,
Specification of Quality, Quality Assurance, Concepts of Six Sigma & its implementation in Printing
6. Statistical Print Process Control – Process, Variations, Types of Variation, implementation of SPC,
Control Charts and its types, Use of Control charts for print application, Control charts for variables,
Control charts for attributes, Process capability and indices, Process Performance & indices,
Acceptance Sampling, Types of sampling Plans, OC Curves.
1. Martand T. Telsang, Production Management, S. Chand Publication, New Delhi, 2005.
2. O. P. Khanna, Industrial Engineering & Management, 1992.
3. L. C. Jhambh, Quantitative Techniques, Everest Publication.
4. J. Juran, Handbook of Quality Control, Tata Mc Graw Hill Publication, 5th Edition, 1951.
5. Douglas H. W. Allan, Statistical Quality Control: An Introduction for Management, Reinhold Pub.
6. Phillip. E. Hicks, Industrial Engineering & Management, Mc Graw Hill International Edition.
7. David Bainbridge, Intellectual Property, Pearson Education.
8. Dominick Salvatore, Managerial Economics in a Global Economy, Thomson South – Western
No responses found. Be the first to respond...