(103 A) SERVICES MARKETING & BRAND MANAGEMENT
Objectives: Students should be familiarized with various upcoming sectors in the service
industry and the brand management. This should be done by way of interactive sessions,
small projects or presentations in groups. The suggested sectors are - Financial Services,
Hospitality services, Education services, IT Services, Event Management services,
Consultancy services, Retailing services, Telecommunication services, Not –for- profit
services and Social services, Government services, etc.
1. Introduction to Services: Nature of Services; Characteristics of Services –
Intangibility, Inconsistency, Inseparability and Inventory; Search, experience and
credence attributes, Classification of Services; Consumer versus Industrial Services. (5%)
2. Global and Indian Scenario in services sector: Importance of Services Marketing;
Every business a service business; Service as key differentiator for manufacturing
3. Services Marketing Mix : Introduction to the 7 Ps of Services Marketing Mix;
Product-Service Continuum; Standalone service products; Service products bundled with
tangible products; Service Life Cycle. Services Distribution, Promotion, Pricing, People,
Physical evidence, and Process ( 25%)
4. Customer Satisfaction & Service Quality: Monitoring and Measuring customer
satisfaction, Order taking and fulfillment; Service Guarantee - Handling complaints
effectively; Defects, Failures and Recovery. Concept and Importance of quality in
Services; How customers evaluate service performance, Introduction to Service Quality
Models Parsuraman-Zeithamal-Bitner(PZB)Gaps Model, SERVQUAL, SERVPERF -
Gronroos model (10%)
5. Technology & Service Strategy: Applying technology to service settings, e-services.
6. Brand & Brand Management: Commodities Vs Brands, The role of brands, The
brand equity concept, Brand Equity Models – Brand Asset Valuation, Aaker Model,
BRANDZ, Brand Resonance. Building Brand Equity, Brand Identity and Brand image.
7. Brand Leveraging & Brand Performance: Establishing a brand equity
management system, measuring sources of brand equity and consumer mindset, Cobranding,
celebrity endorsement. (10%)
8. Brand Positioning & Brand Building: Brand knowledge, Brand portfolios and
market segmentation, Steps of brand building, Identifying and establishing brand
positioning, Defining and establishing brand values. (15%)
9. Measuring Brand Equity: Brand Value chain, Brand Audits, Brand Tracking,
Brand Valuation. (10%)
1. Cases/ Caselets to be discussed in the class & incorporated in Question Paper.
2. Figures to the right indicates weightage for the concern topic in terms of marks as
well as session allotted.
1. Services Marketing - Zeithaml , Bitner, Gremler & Pandit , TMGH, 4th ed.
2. Services Marketing - Christopher Lovelock
3. Services Marketing - Rampal & Gupta
4. Essence of Services Marketing - Ardian Payne
5. Services Marketing - Helen Woodruffe
6. Product management - Donal R. Lehmann, Russel S. Winer
7. Strategic Brand Management - Kevin Lane Keller
8. Branding Concepts & Process - Debashish Pati
9. Marketing Management - Philip Kotler
10. Successful Branding - Pran K Choudhary
11. Brand Positioning Strategies for Competitive Advantage -Subrato Sen Gupta
12. Strategic Brand Management -Caperer
13. Behind Powerful Brands - Jones
14. Managing Indian Brands -S. Ramesh Kumar
No responses found. Be the first to respond...