New Member FAQ
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Join our online
for Bloggers, Content Writers and Webmasters
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester II-MATERIALS & LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
(205) MATERIALS & LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
1. Introduction: Materials Management - Evolution, Importance, Scope and Objectives
- Interface with other functions. Concept of Logistics and Supply Chain Management and
evolution to 4PL (6)
2. Logistics - Objectives, Components, Significance. Supply Chain Management –
Objectives, Components, Significance, Trade off Customer Service & Cost. (6)
3. Inventory - Need of Inventory - Costs associated with Inventory - Types of Inventory
- Basic EOQ Model - EOQ with discounts - Classification of material - ABC Analysis -
VED, HML, FSN, GOLF, SOS (Numericals expected on Basic EOQ, EOQ with
discounts & ABC) (10)
4. Material Requirement Planning - Advantages over conventional planning (Order
Point Method) – Input and output of MRP system - Forecasting – Overview of
quantitative and qualitative methods of forecasting - Master Production Schedule - Bill of
Materials – BOM Explosion - Material flow in MRP. MRP II. Concept of ERP.
(Numericals expected on BOM Explosion, estimating Net requirements)
5. Purchasing Management - Responsibilities of Purchase Department - Purchase Cycle
– Negotiation & Bargaining – Vendor relations - Purchasing Methods - Global sourcing
6. Stores – Functions, Importance, Organization of stores & Stores layout. Stores
procedure – documentation. (5)
7. Inventory control & Cost Reduction techniques: Inventory turns ratios -
Standardization – need and importance. Codification – concept, benefits. Value
Engineering and Value Analysis – concept and process. (8)
8. Materials Handling - Principles of Materials Handling system - Materials Handling
Equipments – Safety issues. (5)
1. Purchasing and Supply Management - Dobler and Burt
2. Materials Management - Dutta
3. Purchasing and Materials Management - K S Menon
4. Handbook of Materials Management - Gopalkrishnan
5. Materials & Logistics Management - L.C.Jhamb
6. Introduction to Materials Management – Arnold
7. Logistics & Supply Chain Management – Martin Christopher
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester II-MATERIALS & LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester II-MANUFACTURING AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENTS
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester II-MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester II-HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester II-FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester II-MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester I-MANAGERIAL COMMUNICATION
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester I-INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester I-BASICS OF MARKETING
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Naresh Kumar Behera
Trinadha Rao Sambangi
AdSense Revenue Sharing sites
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.