Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
(405D)- TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
1. Introduction to technology management: Concept and meaning of technology,
Evolution and growth of technology, role and significance of management of
technology, Impact of technology on society and business, Forms of technology:
process technology and product technology. (8)
2. Competitive advantages through new technologies: product development – from
scientific breakthrough to marketable product – Role of Government in Technology
Development. Linkage between technology, development and competition, Managing
research and development (R&D), Managing Intellectual Property. (8)
3. Technological Forecasting: Exploratory: Intuitive, Extrapolation, Growth Curves,
Technology Monitoring, Normative: Relevance Tree, Morphological Analysis,
Mission Flow Diagram (8)
4. Technology Assessment: Technology Choice, Technological Leadership and
Follower ship, Technology Acquisition. Meaning of Innovation and creativity,
innovation management (8)
5. Technology strategy: concept, types, key principles, framework for formulating
technology strategy, Technology forecasting: techniques and application. (6)
6. Technology diffusion and absorption: Rate of Diffusion; Innovation Time and
Innovation Cost, Speed of Diffusion. Project management in adoption and
implementation of new technologies. (6)
7. Technology Transfer Management: Technology transfer-process; outsourcing strategic
issues; joint ventures, technology sourcing. (6)
8. Human Aspects in Technology Management: Integration of People and
Technology, Organizational and Psychological Factors, Organizational Structure. (5)
9. Social Issues in Technology Management: Technological Change and Industrial
Relations, Technology Assessment and Environmental Impact Analysis. (5)
1. Strategic Technology Management - Betz. F. - McGraw-Hill.
2. Management of Technology - Tarek Khalli -, McGraw-Hill.
3. Strategic Management of Technological Innovation - Schilling - McGraw-Hill, 2nd ed.
4. Managing Technology and Innovation for Competitive Advantage - V K Narayanan -
Pearson Education Asia
5. Strategic Management of Technology & Innovation - Burgelman, R.A., M.A.
Madique, and S.C. Wheelwright -. Irwin.
6. Handbook Of Technology Management - Gaynor - Mcgraw Hill
7. Managing New Technology Development - Souder, W.C. and C.M. Crawford -
8. Managing Technological Innovation - Twiss, B. -. Pitman.
9. Bringing New technology To Market - Kathleen R Allen - Prentice Hall India
10. Management Of New Technologies For Global Competitiveness –– Christian N
Madu - Jaico Publishing House
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...