New Member FAQ
Last 7 Days
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-QUALITY MANAGEMENT
(406D)- QUALITY MANAGEMENT
1. Quality, Strategic Planning, and Competitive Advantage: Brief History -
Modern Developments in Quality - A Race Without a Finish Line.
Definitions of Quality. Quality in Manufacturing and Service Systems.
Economic Issues - Quality and Price - Quality and Market Share - Quality
and Cost - The Taguchi Loss Function. Quality & Competitive Advantage.
Perspectives on Leadership for Quality - The Balridge View of Leadership. (8)
2. Principles of Total Quality Management: Introduction - Elements of Total
Quality Management – Strategic Planning and Leadership – A Customer
Focus – Fact-Based Management – Continuous Improvement –
Teamwork and Participation. Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
Award Criteria. Benefits of Total Quality Management. The Deming
Management Philosophy – Profound Knowledge – The Impact of
Profound Knowledge – Deming's 14 Points for Management. The Juran
Philosophy – The Juran Quality Trilogy. The Crosby Philosophy. (10)
3. Customer Focus: The Customer-Driven Quality Cycle – Identifying
Customer Needs – Achieving Customer Requirements in Production –
Implications of the Customer-Driven Quality Cycle. Quality Function
Deployment – The Quality Function Deployment Process - Building the
House of Quality – Implementing Quality Function Deployment. Designing
Quality into Services - Service Needs Identification – Service System
Design. Customer Satisfaction Measurement Techniques - Customer
Relationship Management Techniques. (10)
4. Quality Control and Quality Assurance: Concept of Quality Control –
Concept of Process Variation – Acceptance Sampling – Sampling
Inspection Vs. 100% Inspection – Attributes and variable sampling plans –
OC Curves – Producer and Consumer Risk – AQL, RQL, TQL, AOQL and
5. Statistical Process Control: Control Charts – X-R, P, np and C Charts –
Benefits of Control Charts and Applications (2)
6. Quality Management Assistance Tools: Ishikawa Fish Done diagram –
Nominal Group Technique – Quality Circles – Flow Charts – Pareto Analysis
– Pokka Yoke (Mistake Proofing). (6)
7. Reliability: Concept and Components – Concepts of failure – Reliability of
system – Success and Failure models in series and parallel – Methods of
achieving higher reliability – Concept of maintainability and availability –
Comparison with reliability. (4)
8. Managing and organization for quality: Quality Policy – Quality Objectives
– Leadership for Quality – Quality and organization culture – Change
Management – Team Building. Partnerships - Cross-Functional Teams –
Supplier/Customer Partnerships. (6)
9. Quality Management Standards: (Introductory aspects only)
a. The ISO 9001:2000 Quality Management System Standard
b. The ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System Standard
c. ISO 27001:2005 Information Security Management System
d. ISO / TS16949:2002 for Automobile Industry
e. CMMI Fundamentals & Concepts
f. Auditing Techniques - Planning for an audit - Developing a
Check-list -Conducting an Audit - Writing an Audit Report - Auditor Ethics - Value -
addition process during Internal Audit - Mock Audits - Quiz. (8)
1. Quality Control - Dale H Bester field – Pearson Education
2. Total Quality Management – Sundarrajan
3. Quality Control & Total Quality Management – Jain
4. The essence of Total Quality Management – Hunsen & Ghare
5. Managing for Total Quality – Logothetic
6. Quality Problem Solving – Smith
7. ISO 9000 – Kairon
8. Manuals of various standards.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-QUALITY MANAGEMENT"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-OPERATIONS STRATEGY
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-INTERNET TECHNOLOGY
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV- INFORMATION SYSTEMS AUDIT
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-BUSINESS APPLICATIONS
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT & INFORMATION
Syllabus of University of Pune MBA Semester IV-EMERGING TRENDS IN INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
AdSense Revenue Sharing sites
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.