New Member FAQ
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Join our online
for Bloggers, Content Writers and Webmasters
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 3 -(T)(P) Pratical Cell Biology, Genetics, Ecology and Phytogeogra
Section - A:
1. Squash preparation of onion root tips to study mitosis.
2. Smear preparation of maize or onion flower buds to study meiosis.
3. Problems in Genetics:
2 Mendelian inheritance and gene interaction.
3 Chromosome mapping in eukaryotes
4. Maintenance of Practical Record.
1. Determination of minimum size quadrates by species area curve.
2. Determination of quantitative characters by random quadrate method. Abundance, density, basal cover, canopy cover, frequency, IVI and dominance, diversity and similarity.
3. Evaluation of life form classes of local flora. Preparation of frequency diagram of plant community by Raunkier’s method and preparation of biological spectrum.
4. Morphology and anatomy of common hydrophyte and xerophyte adaptations.
5. Interpretation of environmental data and climatogram and plotting techniques with reference to life forms and vegetational types.
6. Determination of pH of soil and water samples.
7. Estimate of chlorides, carbonates and bicarbonates and dissolved oxygen in water.
8. Maintenance of Practical Record.
List of books recommended
Section - A:
1. A. K. Sharma and A. Sharma. 1990. Chromosome techniques. Butterworths. 1990 Ed.
2. Edward. S. Lenhoff. 1990. Tools of Biology Mc Millan Company.
3. E.D.P. De Robertis and E. M. F. De Robertis. 1987. Cell and Molecular biology. 8th Ed.. (Indian Edition is also available..Varghese Company), Ed.
4. G. M. Cooper. 1997. The Cell and Molecular approach. ASM Press. Ed.
5. Strickberger. Genetics. 3rd Ed. 1990. Ed.
6. Snustad and Simmons. 1997. Principles of Genetics. Ed.
7. Benjamin Lewis. 1999. Genes VII.
8. Daniel Hartl. 1994. Basic Genetics. Ed.
9. Griffiths, Miller, Suzuki, Lewontin and Gelbert . 1999. An introduction to Genetic analysis.
10. Winter, Hicky and Fletcher . 1999. Instant notes in Genetics. Ed.
11. A.V.S.S. Sambamurthy. 1999. Genetics.
12. Ahluwalia. 1993Genetics.
13. P.K. Gupta. 1990. Genetics.
14. U. Sinha and S. Sinha. 1994. Cytogenetics, Plant Breeding & Evolution. Ed.
15. K. K. De. 1992. Plant tissue culture.
16. Narayanaswamy. 1994. Plant cell & tissue culture.
17. Y.P.S. Bajaj. 1986 to 1990. Biotechnology in Agriculture and Forestry. Vol. 1 to 16. Ed..
18. I. Vasil. 1995. Plant tissue culture. Vol. 1 to 4. Ed.
1. E. P. Odum. 1996. Fundamentals of Ecology.
2. E. J. Koromondy.1996. Concepts of Ecology.
3. Champion and Seth. Forests of India.
4. P. D. Sharma. 1996. Ecology and Environment.
5. B. K. Sharma. 2000.Environmental Chemistry.
6. Robert Leo Smith. 1995. Ecology and Field Biology.
7. H. N. Parket. Air Pollution.
8. S. P. Mahajan. Pollution control in process industries.
9. P. S. Welch. 1976. Limnology.
10. G. S. Puri et al. Forest Ecology.
11. Vollenreider. Productivity in freshwater Ecosystems.
12. Todev G. Kudrev. Water and plant productivity.
13. Turk and Turk. Environmental Science.
14. R. S. Ramalho. Introduction to waste water treatment process.
15. Pollution control handbook. 1986.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 3 -(T)(P) Pratical Cell Biology, Genetics, Ecology and Phytogeogra"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 3 -(T)(P) Paper-1. Cell Biology, Genetics, Ecology and Phytogeogra
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 4 -(T)(P) Paper-1.Molecular Genetics, Biostatistics, Eco-diversity
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 2 -(T)(P) Paper-IV: Theory (Plant Physiology)
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 2 -(T)(P) Paper: III Structural and developmental Anatomy and Pa
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 2 -(T)(P) Paper – II (Theory Gymnosperms (Living and Fossil) and
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 2 -(T)(P) Paper-I (Theory): Biology and Diversity of Lower Plants
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 1 -(T)(P) Paper-IV Theory: Plant Biochemistry
Osmania University - M.Sc Botany- 1 -(T)(P) Paper-III: Taxonomy of Angiosperms and Medicinal
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Deepak Kumar Thakur
AdSense Revenue Sharing sites
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.