Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore... |
Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
Syllabus of University of Pune M.A.Philosophy Semester I-SAINTS OF MAHARASHTRA
PH – 105: SAINTS OF MAHARASHTRA
(Objective : To acquaint the students with some dominant trends in Bhakti
Philosophy in Maharashtra with their distinctive characteristics in terms of
epistemology, metaphysics and ethics.)
A) salient feature of bhakti movement and it socio-cultural impact.
b)Cakradhara’s views regarding knowledge and pramanas. Nature of and interrelation
among Isvara, Jagat, Devata and Jiva. The nature of Moksa and the way towards it.
Acaradharma. The issue of interpretation of Mahanubhava texts.
Jnanesvara’s views regarding knowledge. The roles of anubhava, sabda, jnana and
ajnana. The nature of Reality ( Vastu) Jagat and Jiva and their interrelation. The role of
Jnana Karma and Bhakti with regard to liberation.
The place of Tukaram in the tradition of saints in Maharashtra, His approach to Vedic
and Upanisadic philosophy, The concept of Santa, The nature of Isvara and Bhakti.
Epistemological thought of Ramdas ( Jnana, Ajnana, Viveka) The nature of reality (
Brahman, Isvara, Jagat, Maya) Ninefold bhakti and fourfold mukti, social philosophy (
Prapanca and Paramartha, Prarabdha, Prayatna and Purusartha)
Books for reading
1 Kolte, V.V., Mahanubhava Tattvajnana, Arun Prakashan, Malkapur, 1956.
2 Dandekar S. B.(Ed.), Sartha Amrtanubhava ani Cangadevapasasti, Varkari shikshan Sanstha,
3 Sartha Jnaesvari, (Relevant sections only)
4- Tukarama Maharajanca Gatha (Relevant sections only)
5. Dasabodha, (Relevant chapters only)
Books for Reference
1) Nene, H. N., Cakradharokta Sutrapatha, Nagpur, 1942
2) Bahirat, B.P., Philosophy of Jnanadeva, Popular Prakashan, Mumbai] 1993.
3) More, Sadanand, Trayodasi, Naveen Udyog, Pune, 1995.
4) Chitre Dilip Purushottam, Nector of Experience, Sahitya Academy, Delhi, 1996.
5) Gokhale, P. P. Jnanadevance Anubhavamrtatila Tattvajnana, Amod Granthaseva,
6) Ranade, R. D., Tukaramavacanamrti
7) Ramdas, Manace Sloka, Atmarama
8) Bhave Vinoba, Santanca Prasada
9) More, Sadanand, Tukaramadarsana, Gaj Prakashan, Ahmednagar
10) Special Numbers of Paramarsha University of Pune) on 1)Tattvacintaka Jnanesvara (Vol. 13
No. 1, May 1991), 2) Santance Tattvajnana (1) (Vol.16 No.1, May,1994), 3) Vol.18, No. 4
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...