(M-I) Advanced Analytical Techniques (Practical: 6 hrs. /week)
1. Combination Drug Analysis (Any Five)
b. Oral antidiabetics
2. Illustrations of theoretical principles using assay of drugs official in various pharmacopoeias (Any 10). This should cover titrimetric, spectro-photometric (including flamephotometric) methods, HPLC etc. The titrimetric methods should include argentometric, conductometric, and potentiometric end-point determination.
The students should be exposed to handling of as many instruments as possible by themselves or under the guidance of a teacher.
3. Interpretation of UV and IR spectra of some unknown intermediates and drugs. (Any two)
Reference Books for Theory & Practicals
1. M. Orchin and H.H. Jaffe – Theory and application of ultra- violet spectroscopy. (John Wiley and Sons. N.Y).
2. Silverstein, Basseler, Morril- Spectroscopic identification of organic compounds (John Wiley and Sons. N.Y).
3. Willard, Merritt, Dean – Instrumental methods of analysis (CBS Publishers and Distributors, Delhi).
4. J.R. Dyer – Application of absorption Spectroscopy of Organic Compounds (Prentice Hall, London).
5. C.N.R. Rao – Chemical Application of Infra-red spectroscopy. (Academic Press, N.Y.).
6. L.M. Jackmann and B.D. Sternhell – Application of NMR spectroscopy in organic chemistry (Pergamon Press, London.).
7. F.W. McLafferty- Interpretation of Mass Spectra.
8. R.J. Hamilton- Introduction to High Performance Liquid Chromatography.(Chapman and Hall, London ).
9. J.W.Munson- Pharmaceutical Analysis- Modern methods –Part A and Part B (Marcel Dekker).
10. Introduction to Spectroscopy, 3rd edition, Pavia, Lampman, Kriz, Thomson Publisher.
11. Analytical chem.., 2nd edition by Kellner, Mermet, Otto, Valcarcel Wiley ECH.
12. Ewing’s Analytical Instrumentation Handbook, 3rd edition, edited by Jack Cazes, Marcel Dekker.
13. P.D. Sethi – Quantitative Analysis of Drugs in Pharmaceutical formulations (VBS Publishers, Delhi).
14. Pharmacopoeia of India.
15. United State Pharmacopoeia
16. British Pharmacopoeia
17. A.H. Beckett, J.B. Stenlake – Practical Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Part I and Part II (CBS Publishers Delhi)
18. F. D. Snell and C. T. Snell- Colorimetric Methods of analysis (Van Nostrand Reinhold Company, N.Y.).
19. C.N.R. Rao – Chemical Application of Infra-red spectroscopy.(Academic Press, N.Y.).
20. J.R. Dyer – Application of Absorption Spectroscopy of Organic Compounds (Prentice Hall, London).
No responses found. Be the first to respond...