New Member FAQ
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Join our online
for Bloggers, Content Writers and Webmasters
10 Important Characteristics of an Effective Communication.
From my personal experiences, these are the 10 most important characteristics of an Effective Communication and Public Speaking. Also, given below are the quick tips for improving these characteristics.
1. Clarity :
* One of the most essential characteristics of an impressive communication is "Clarity".
* Use Simple and Sound words, so that listeners can grab it easily.
* Be clear in your thoughts, jumbled & confused mind cannot deliver a good and clear saying.
* Avoid using any technical terms, try to explain in laymen language.
* Use Examples to explain & support complex scenarios.
* Work a little bit on your accent and pronunciation.
2. Aim or Goal :
* At every stage of your talk/communication, don't forget your "Aim or Goal".
* Try to deduce an acceptable stuff by judging Pros & Cons impartially.
* Communicate with a broad and practical mind.
3. Precision :
* Be precise & exact in your approach. Neither be too deep nor be too short.
* Include some good facts acknowledging your topic.
4. Avoid Repeatability, unless required so.
5. Linkage :
* Try to maintain a logic link between your sayings.
* Don't put two opposite faces of coin at a same time.
* Deliver in a structured & planned way.
6. Globalization & Localization :
* Try to explain the broader aspects but not on the cost of local values.
* Aggregation of local values should result into global and broader aspects.
7. Style of Expressing :
* Control various speech parameters like pitch, tone, intensity etc. according to the environment.
* Don't be too fast or too slow.
* Light Humour at the right time is always accepted.
* Look straight & forward. Keep a light smile on your face.
* Avoid using words that show arrogance.
* Feel what you say.
* Avoid being too formal, be natural and practical.
8. Know & Analyze your audiences.
9. Do a good Homework.
10. Dress Properly :
* 25% confidence and 25% Respect from audiences comes automatically, if you have dressed up well.
* Be neat, clean, ironed and polished irrespective of the fact that you have dressed up formally or informally.
* Do a good hair styling, avoid any casual or unethical looks.
These habits are hard to develop but once developed, they become hard to give up.
Live your life lively because life is very short.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "10 Important Characteristics of an Effective Communication."
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
About IAS Exam
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Career in SAP
Ten Don'ts to Greatness
8 Quick Tips to Get Success at Job Interview
Scope of a qualified Audiologist and Speech Language Pathologist
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
AdSense Revenue Sharing sites
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.