New Member FAQ
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Join our online
for Bloggers, Content Writers and Webmasters
Andhra University -B.Sc HUMAN GENETICS - Paper III Human Genetics and Society
Part I - Human Population Genetics :
1. Fundamental factors of Population Genetics : Mating patterns, Mendelian population population size, selection, fitness, migration and genetic drift.
2. Probability: Laws of addition and multiplication.
3. Consequences of Rendonn mating: hardy Weineberg Law, considering two alleles at a locus and multiple alleles; Gene and genotype frequencies with examples of autosomal diallelic and multiple allelic characters.
4. Consequences of inbreeding: Consequences, definition and types of marriage, Identity by descent and identity by nature; Inbreading coeffiecient for autosomal and sex linked alleles for different mating types and for population changes in genotype frequencies.
5. Mutation and selection; mutation and selections as balancing forces; Frequencies of recessive and dominant deleterious alleles at equilibrium, mutation rates; classical methods for calculation of mutational rates Direct and indirect methods.
Part II : Human Genetica and Society
1. Chromosome abnormalities as related to physical and mental dysfunction;
2. Medico legal applications of Human Genetics
3. Dermatoglyhics in Medicine;
4. Human Genetics and Family planning;
5. Genetic counseling:
(a) Family History,
(b) (i) Autosomal dominant and recessive modes of inheritance
(ii) Sex linked inheritance,
(c) Detection and Treatment of genetic disorders,
(d) Prenatal diagnosis : Chorionic Villi Biopsy and amniocentesis
(e) Genetic prognosis for consanguineous marriages.
1. Principles of Genetics Stern, G
2. Population Genetics Li, C.C.
3. Techniques of Population Analysis Barley, Gill.
4. Studies in Demography Srivastava, S.C.
5. Genetics of Human Populations Cavalli Sforja, I.J. and Bodmer, W.P.
6. An introduction to Population Genetics Theory Crow, J.F. and Kimura, M.
1. Genetics and Society Bresler, J.B. Spheeler.
2. Heredity and Society (Eds.) Pooler, I.H. and Richard,S.
3. Ethical issues in Human Genetics (Eds) Hilton, B. et al.
4. Genetic Counselling (Eds.) Furmann, W. and Vogel, F.
5. Personal identification Wilder.
6. Fingerprint identification Surinder Nath.
7. An introduction to Forensic Anthropology Surinder Nath.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Andhra University -B.Sc HUMAN GENETICS - Paper III Human Genetics and Society "
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Andhra University -B.Sc GEOEXPLORATION AND DRILLING TECHNOLOGY - Paper VI : Entreprenuership
Andhra University -B.Sc HUMAN GENETICS - Paper IV Human Biochemical and Cytogenetics
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Andhra University -B.Sc GEOEXPLORATION AND DRILLING TECHNOLOGY - Paper V - Principles of Geoexplorat
Andhra University -B.Sc GEOLOGY - Paper IV (c) Environmental Geology
Andhra University -B.Sc GEOLOGY - Paper IV (b) Mineral Exploration
Andhra University -B.Sc GEOLOGY - Paper IV (a) Groundwater Exploration
Andhra University -B.Sc GEOLOGY - Paper III : Palaeontology, Indian Geology and Economic Geology
Andhra University -B.Sc FORESTRY - Paper IV - Modern Trends in Forest Management
Tag posting guidelines
HUMAN GENETICS - Paper III Human Genetics and Society
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Runa N Borah
GOBI KRISHNAN R
AdSense Revenue Sharing sites
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.