Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...
Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
Andhra University -B.Sc HUMAN GENETICS - Paper IV Human Biochemical and Cytogenetics
Part I Human Biochemical Genetics :
1 The concept of Genetics polymorphism
2. Blood groups: ABO, MN and Rh systems, ABH saliva secretion
4. Serum Proteins: Hptoglobin
5. Inborn errors of metabolism: Albinism, Phenylketonuria and Alkaptonuria PTC taste sensitivity and Glucose
6. Phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency.
Part II Human Cytogenetics :
General introduction Human Cytogenetics Historical Record Mitosis Meiosis in Males mciosis in Females Chromosome structure and ceildivision; 2.,Human somatic chromosomes Nompriclature: Standardisation in Human Cytogenetics Denver Report (1960), Paris Report (1963) Chicago Report (1966), Paris Report (1971), marphological variability of human chromosomes;
3. Heterochromatin and genetic inactivation: Heterochromatin, the sex chromatin, correlation between the number of chromatin masses and the number of X chromosomes.
4. Chromosome mutations in Man Numerical and structural changes.
1. The Principles of Human Biochemical Genetics Harris, H.
2. Genetics and medicine Thompson and Thompson.
3. Blood groups serology Boorman, Dodd and Lincoln.
1. Human Genetics Mckusick, V.A.
2. Principles of Genetics Stern, C.
3. Human Cytogenetics, Vol. I General Cytogenetics Hamerton, U.J.
1. Genetic Ratios : Segregation Ratios.
2. Dermatoglyphics : Patterns, classification and identif ication methods of obtaining finger and palmar prints Ridge counting (Qualiative and Quantitative analysis).
3. Blood group serology. Collection of finger prick blood specimens, separation of serum; preparatibn of RBC saline suspensions, preparation of haemolysates, Blood typing for ABO and Rh (D) system.
4. ABH Saliva secretion test.
5. Color blindness test Testing for red green colour blindness.
6. Test for PTC taste sensitivity.
1. Procedures in blood banking and Immunchaernatology Bhatia H.M. 1977.
2. Finger Print identification Surinder Nath.
3. An introduction to forensic anthropology Surinder Nath.
4. The series of plates designed as a test for colour blindness, 4th Edition with 38 plates S. Ishihara, 1977 s. (Kanneharashuppan, Tokyo).
5. Practical Cytology, applied Genetics and Biostatistics Goswami, H.K., 1986.
Osteology and Sernatology
1. Osteology : Human skeleton Axial and appendicular skeleton; Descriptive terminology used in osteology; Different classes of bones and their functions, features of bones; Age and sex determination of Human skeleton.
2. Osteometry ; Scapula Measurements, angles, indices Humerus Measurements, Angles and indices Humerus and femur Torsion angles.
3. Craniometry : Measurements on cranium and face.
4. Somatometry : Landmarks on body; projective height measurements of the body in standing position measurements in sittingpositic linear and breadth measurements of upper and lower extremities. Measurements of head and face; Indices.
5. Somatoscopy : Morphological observations of different body characters.
1. Anthropometry Singh, I.P. and Bhasin, M.K.
III Year Course : Human Biochemical and Cytogenetics
Practicals in Human Biochemical Genetics Slide test for sickle cell
Hb typing on paper electrophoresis ; BCB dye test for G6PD enzyme deficiency ; Hb estimation by Haemo globinometer.
Starch agarose gel electrophoresis for Hb and G6PD systems Single chemical screening tests and paper chromatography for screening amino aciduries.
Practicals in Human Cytogenetics Analysis of Interphase Nuclei Introductory remarks Buccal smears and blood smears; obtaining the material, fixation, staining and scoring. Preparation of Karyotypes of normal male and female.
1. Laboratory procedures in Human Genetics, Vol. 11 : Biochemical Methodology Sharma, A., Talukder, G. and Mukherjee, S.K., 1976, The Nucleus, Calcutta.
2. Practical Cytology, Applied Genetics and Biostatistics Goswamy, H.K.
1. Laboratory procedures in Human Genetics Vol. I Chromosome methodology Sharma, A. and Talukder, G.
2. Practical Cytology, applied Genetics and Biostatistics Goswami, H.K.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...