PART - A
1. CONCEPT OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
1.1 Meaning and definition of Physical Education – its aim and objectives.
1.2 Modern Concept and Scope of Physical Education
1.3 Need and importance of Physical Education
1.4 Misconceptions about Physical Education
1.5 Place of Physical Education in the total Education Process.
2. PHYSIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
Effects of exercise on :
2.1 Muscular System.
2.2 Circulatory System.
2.3 Respiratory System.
2.4 Digestive System
3. PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF PHYSICAL EDUCATION
3.1 Definition of Psychology and Sports Psychology.
3.2 Achievement and Motivation in Sports.
3.3 Sportsmanship and Sports ethics.
PART – B
1. History of the game/sport (Any one game/sport of student’s choice)
2. Latest general rules of the game/sport (Any one game/sport of student’s choice)
3. Measurement of play fields and specifications of sports equipment
4. Fundamental skills of the game/sport
5. Related sports terminologies
6. Important tournaments and venues
7. Sports personalities
8. Sports Awards
PART – C
1. HEALTH EDUCATION
1.1 Concept and objectives of Health Education
1.2 Importance of Health Education.
1.3 Principles of Health Education.
1.4 Importance of Community participation for the health promotion and welfare of
individual, family and community.
2 COMMUNICABLE DISEASES
2.1 Meaning of communicable diseases.
2.2 Essential conditions for Communicable Diseases to occur and disease process
2.3 Common alert signals indicating on set of Communicable Diseases
2.4 Mode of transmission, common symptoms and prevention of spread (transmission) of
AIDS, Hepatitis-B and Hepatitis-C
3. CONTEMPORARY HEALTH PROBLEMS
3.1 Abuse of alcohol, tobacco and drugs and the effect of abuse on individual, family
3.2 Effect of alcohol, tobacco and drugs on sportsperson.
3.3 Eating habits that cause obesity and its effect on health of individual