Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Health
Food - Soyabeans, Wheat, Ragi and Nutritional Significance
Food which we eat daily decides our " Health Kundali". It decides what diseases we are likely to get and gives us protection from certain diseases.
1. Soybeans gives us an excellent quality of proteins. So it is called as " nonveg of vegetarians".
2. Can be used in vegetables or one can have soymilk in various flavours like badam, pistachio, natural, etc. The drink is useful for those who don’t like soya vegetables.
1. Soybean is a known goitrogenic substance. So one shouldn’t eat in excess. Patients with hypothyroidism should be extra careful.
1. Cabbage soup is a fat-burning soup. Cabbage provides very low calories. So include in diet if one wants to lose weight.
2. Cabbage can be added to salad.
3. Green, red, savoy are the available varieties.
1. Cabbage is a known goitrogenic substance. So one shouldn’t eat in excess. Patients with hypothyroidism should be extra careful.
2. Cabbage can produce a lot of gases and cause flatulence. So avoid eating in excess.
1. Wheat is an excellent source of proteins for vegetarians.
2. One can prepare chapattis, sweet khir , etc. Sweet khir can be made more nutritious and palatable by adding badam, cashewnut, etc. This is very useful for growing children.
Wheat, barley contains gluten. Some people have Celiac disease (gluten enteropathy) and can’t digest gluten.. They suffer from abdominal pain, gases, bloating, etc if they eat wheat.
Ragi is a part of daily dier in certain parts of Karnataka.
1. Ragi is an excellent source of calcium. So postmenopausal ladies should include ragi in diet. This prevents osteoporosis which can lead to easy fractures of bones.
2. Ragi is very cheap.
1. Potato is an excellent source of carbohydrates.
2. All growing children should include potato in diet.
3. Various types of foods and recipes can be prepared from potato. Vegetables, aloo bonda ( batata / Potato Wada), finger chips, dam aloo, etc.
4. Potato supplies following vitamins and minerals.
Vitamin B6 and
Trace amounts of, riboflavin, folate, niacin, thiamin.
5. Starch in potato protects against colon cancer and improves glucose tolerance.
1. Potato is an excellent source of carbohydrates. So people who want to lose weight shouldn't eat too much of Potato.
2. Solanine is a toxin in Potato. This can affect nervous system. Wild Potato can produce toxic effects. Its rare in humans.
Milk contains good amount of Vitamin A, D, B complex, calcium.
1. Milk doesn’t contain adequate Vitamin C.
2. People who have lactose intolerance can't drink milk.
Child's weight gain
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...