IDEALISM- the most important part of educational philosophy
Would you like to know what is idealism? Read this article to know more detail on idealism and educational implication.
What is idealism?
I believe it is the traditional Philosophy of the West and also of India. Great exponents of this philosophy could be mentioned. There are different strains of the school. But I am not presenting all the subtleties of this school as a detailed discussion of each is not needed.
But yes, I can outline some basic tenets of this philosophy:
1. Man has dealings with what seems to be two worlds, the Apparent and the Real. The apparent is the region of change, imperfection, disorder, irregularity, trouble, suffering, evil and misery. The real world is the world of the Mind – the realism of ideas and eternal qualities. It is the world of perfection, permanence, regularity, order and also lute values. In short Ultimate Reality is mental and spiritual.
2. Ideas are more important than objects. Mind and soul are more real than objects and body. It is therefore called as Idealism the world of ideas.
3. Man is a spiritual organism. Evolution does not stop at the animal level but continues on a spiritual plane taking us nearer to a realization of the ultimate values that be at the heart of the Universe.
4. There exist universal principles or laws which have objective existence, whether man knows them or not. Man cannot create laws. They are apriority categories of thought which an discovers. Higher knowledge is the product of intuitive thinking and reasoning, a product of the Mind.
5. There is an essential Unity in the scheme of things. Man is a part of this universe, a macrocosm within a macrocosm and it is the essence of his nature to work towards a rational unity in himself.
6. Man has an innate capacity to apprehend the moral values or principles. Universal moral principles exist in the nature of things and hence make the same appeal to different minds and these find common grounds in apprehending them. The test of a good moral principle is its universal validity.
This is just the outline of basics of philosophy...further I will discuss the educational implications with you all…
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "IDEALISM- the most important part of educational philosophy"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
M. K. Singh
M. K. Singh
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.