Syllabus of Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education Middle Standard Examination
EDUCATION FOR HUMAN VALUES
General Objectives for all the stages of School Education :—
1. To inculcate basic human values-ethical, spiritual, social, civic & national.
2. To develop group and social attitudes and skill requried for team work
and group work.
3. To place the student on the path of self confidence & self-sacrifice.
4. To promote the spirit of dedication in all through earnestness, sincerity,
humility & reverence.
5. To enable students to bring out the best in them and place it at the
service of the community and the country.
Human Values to Be Emphasised during middle school stage
(Non Examination Subject)
Course Content One period per week of 40 minutes duration
(i.e. from VI to VIII)
A. Group and Social Values :
1. Avoidance of injury to others. 7. Patience
2. Belongingness to a group. 8. Patriotism
3. Co-operation. 9. Respect for parents, teachers
4. Dignity for labour. 10. Sharing.
5. Hospitality 11. Thrift
6. Leadership. 12. Good manners and etiquette.
13. Respect for law.
B. Ethical Values :
1. Courage to stand for truth. 5. Keeping one.s promise.
2. Forgiveness. 6. Respect for all religions.
3. Friendliness. 7. Service and helpfulness.
4. Honesty. 8. Sympathy,
C. Personal Values :
1. Appreciation of beauty. 4. Optimism and chearfulness.
2. Cleanliness and hygienic living. 5. physical fitness.
3. Diligence; 6. Punctuality and Regularity.
LIST OF BOOKS
801 Modern English
802 It so happened (SR)
803 W.B. Modern English
805 Naya Jeevan Bhag-III
806 Samajik Vigyan Bhag-I
807 Samajik Vigyan Bhag-II
810 Vigyan Avam Prodyogiki-I
811 Bharti Bhag-III
812 Sanskrit Shresysi-III
813 Naitik Shiksha
814 Bhartiya Swatantrata Sangram Ka Itihas
COMBIND CLASSES VI-VIII
621 Kala Adhyayan
622 Grih Vigyan
623 Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna
624 English Grammer
More articles: Education