Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT:- Syllabus for M.B.A Progamme
SRI SATHYA SAI UNIVERSITY
Accredited by NAAC at A++ level (www.sssu.edu.in)
Syllabus for M.B.A Progamme
FROM THE BATCH 2009-2010 ONWARDS
MGT 402 (3 Credits)
# To Understand the Basic Issues and Concepts related to Strategic Management and
Learn in Detail the most Relevant and Up to date Methodologies and Tools to
Address these Issues.
# Strategy and the Quest for Competitive Advantage.
# Process of Formulation and Executing Strategy.
# Analyzing Company’s External Environment.
# Analyzing Company’s Resources and Competitive Position.
# The Five Generic Competitive Strategies – Low cost, Differentiation, Best-cost,
# Corporate Portfolio Management, Business Portfolio Analysis, Strategies Evalution
for creating shareholder value.
# Diversification Strategies
# Vertical Integration Strategies.
# Mergers, Acquisition & Takeover Strategies.
# Strategic Alliances & Collaborative Partnerships.
# Outsourcing Strategies.
# Facing Global Competition.
# Managing in Times of Great Change, Learning Organization, Agile Organization.
# Innovation and Intrapreneurship.
# Tailoring Strategy to fit specific Industry and Company Situations – Case Studies.
# Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethical and Social Considerations in Strategy
# Industrial Sickness and turnaround
1. Ed. C.A. Montgomery, M.E. Porter, Strategy – Seeking and Securing Competitive
Advantage, Harvard Business Review Publications, 1991.
2. Peter F. Drucker, Managing in a Time of Great Change, Truman Talley Books /
Plume Penguin Group, 1998.
3. Peter F. Drucker, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, East-West Press Pvt. Ltd., 1991
4. John P. Kotter, Leading Change, Harvard Business School Press, 1996.
5. William C. Miller, Flash of Brilliance – Inspiring Creativity where you Work, Perseus
6. F R David, Strategic Management Concepts and Cases, Prentice Hall of India, 10th
7. A A Thompson Jr., A J Strickland III, J E Gamble, Crafting & Executing Strategy –
The Quest for Competitive Advantage, Tata McGraw Hill, 4th ed., 2005.
8. Jay B Barney, Gaining and Sustaining Competitive Advantage, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall
of India, 2002
9. J David Hunger & Thomas L Wheelen, Essentials of Strategic Management, 3rd ed.,
Prentice Hall of India, 2002.
10. J Garrett Rallis Jr. & Kimberly A Webb, The Nature of Chaos in Business: Using
Complexity to Foster Successful Alliances and Acquisitions, Prentice Hall of India,
11. R Srinivasan, Strategic Management: The Indian Context, 2nd ed., Prentice Hall of
12. Mintzberg, Strategy Safari: The complete Guide through the Wilds of Strategic
Management, Pearson Education India, 2004.
13. Hrebiniak, Making Strategy: Leading Effective Execution and Change, Pearson
Education India, 2004.
14. Prahalad, The Fortune at the Bottom of the Pyramid: Eradicating Poverty through
Profits, Pearson Education India, 2004.
15. Ranjan Das and Udayan Kumar Babu, Corporate Restructuring, Tata McGraw Hill,
16. Ranjan Das, Crafting the Strategy: Concepts and Cases in Strategic Management,
Tata McGraw Hill, 2004.
17. Y Jayachandra & Gita Melkite, Future Prospect: Envisioning E – Business in 2020,
Tata McGraw Hill, 2004.
18. HBR, Harvard Business Review on Strategices for Growth, Harvard Business School
19. P K Mattoo, Corporate Restructuring: an Indian Perspective, Macmillan India, 1998.
20. M J Xavier & S Ramachnder, Beyond Competition: Business Strategies for the 21st
Century, Vikas Publishing, 2002.
21. Richard Koch, Strategy: How to create and deliver a useful strategy, Addison Wesley
Longman, 2nd ed., 2000.
22. Roger A Formisano, Managers Guide to Strategy, Tata McGraw Hill, 2004.
23. Philip Sadler, Strategic Management, 2nd ed., Kogan Page India, 2002.
24. Garth Saloner, Andrea Shepard, Joel Podolny, Strategic Management, John Wiley &
Sons (Asia), 2001.
25. Michael Harris, Value Leadership: Winning Competitive Advantage in the Information
Age, Prentice Hall of India, 2000.
26. John A Pearce II, Richard B Robinson, Jr., Strategic Management: Strategy
Formulation and Implementation, 3rd ed., AITBS Publishers & Distributors, 2002.
27. Julie Sicilliano, C Gopinath, Strategize: Experimental Exercises in Strategic
Management, South-Western, 2002.
28. Mary Pat MCCarthy, Jeff Stein & Rob Brownstein, Agile Business for Fragile Times:
Strategies for Enhancing Competitive Resiliency and Stakeholder Trust, Tata
29. Amit Singh Sisodiya, Business Scenario Planning: Concepts and Cases, ICFAI
30. Jeremy Kourdi, Business Strategy: A guide to effective decision making, London
Profile Books, 2004.
31. Tony Grundy, Gurus on Business Strategy, Viva Books, 2003.
32. T Irene Sanders, Strategic Thinking and the new Science: Planning in the midst of
chaos, Complexity, and change, The Free Press, 1998.
33. Thomas L Wheelen & J David Hunger, Strategic Management and Business Policy:
Concepts, Pearson Education, 8th ed., 2002.
34. John L colley Jr., Jacqueline L Doyle & Robert D Hardie, Corporate Strategy, Tata
McGraw Hill, 2002.
35. John Mills (et.al.), Strategy and Performance: Create a Winning Business Formula,
Cambridge University Press, 2002.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...