Government of Tamil Nadu Directorate of Technical Education
Notification No. 5335/J-3/2009 Dated 30.03.2009
Admission to part time B.E./B.Tech degree courses – 2009-2010 in Tamilnadu Engineering Colleges
Applications are invited from Diploma holders in Engineering/Technology for admission to Part time B.E./B.Tech Degree Courses being offered at Government and government aided engineering colleges as shown against them below for the academic year 2009-2010
Name of the Engineering College – Part time B.E./B.Tech degree courses offered
(1) Government college of technology, Thadagam Road, Coimbatore-641013 – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication
(2) Government college of engineering, Salem-636011 – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication
(3) Government College of Engineering, Tirunelveli-627007 – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Computer Science and Engineering
(4) Alagappa Chettiar College of Engineering and Technology, Karaikudi-630004 – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication
(5) Thanthai Periyar Government Institute of Technology, Bagayam, Vellore-632002 – Mechanical, Electronics and Communication
(6) Government college of Engineering, Bargur-635104 – Electrical and Electronics
(7) PSG College of Technology, Peelamedu, Coimbatore-641004 – Textile
(8) Coimbatore Institute of Technology Civil Aerodrome Post, Coimbatore-641014 – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics
(9) Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai-625015 – Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Electronics
Issue of application form: From 08.04.2009 to 30.04.2009
Last date for receipt of filled in application form: 30.04.2009
Eligibility: The employed/unemployed diploma holders who have passed the diploma examination at least two years before as on 30.04.2009 are only eligible
Nativity: Applicants belonging to Tamil Nadu only are eligible for admission to Part time B.E./B.Tech degree courses. Those who claim Tamil Nadu nativity must satisfy domicile conditions.
Employment and place of work: The employed candidates who are applying for admission to Part time B.E./B.Tech degree courses in the above engineering college should necessarily be employed in Tamil Nadu state only and the distance from the place of work to the college in which candidate desire to study should be within 90 km
Special Reservation: 3% of the seats are reserved for physically handicapped candidates.
Application form sales centers: (i) Government Engineering Colleges referred under 1 to 6 above (ii) Government aided engineering colleges referred under 7 to 9 above (iii) Directorate of technical education, Chennai-600025
Application form: Prescribed application form can be had in person or by post (by enclosing a self addressed envelope of size 35 cms x 25 cms duly affixing postage stamp to the value of Rs 50/-) from the sale centres from 08.04.2009 onwards on written requisition accompanied by a DD for Rs 300/- (Rupees 150/- in respect of SC/ST candidates) drawn in favour of “The Secretary, Part time B.E./B.Tech admissions, Coimbatore”, payable at Coimbatore, dated not earlier than 07.04.2009. The SC/ST candidates shall produce attested Xerox copy of the community certificate at the time of receiving application
General: For further details, “Information and instruction to candidates” supplied along with the application form may be referred.
Completed application form should reach the following addressee on or before 30.04.2009 before 05.00 pm.
The secretary, part time B.E./B.Tech admissions, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, Coimbatore-641014
Visit us at www.tn.gov.in