KOLKATA – 700 032
ADMISSION TO THE B.Sc.(Honours) COURSES : 2009 – 2010
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: Candidates having passed 10+2 Examination from any recognized Board in Science with Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics & at least one language and securing at least 65% marks in average of marks secured in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible. In case of SC/ST/PD/Sports category, minimum requirement of marks is 45% in average of marks obtained in the above mentioned three (3) subjects.
INTAKE OF STUDENTS: Intake of students in different Honours courses are as follows –
GEOLOGICAL SCIENCES 35
SELECTION PROCEDURE: Admission will be made strictly according to the marks obtained in the Public Examinations of Secondary level and Higher Secondary level. There will be no Admission Test.
(i) Merit lists of candidates to be called for interview for Honours in Chemistry, Geological Sciences, Mathematics and Physics will be prepared on the basis of the score out of 800 marks considering marks obtained in Mathematics and Physical Science (each of full marks 100 or converted to 100) at Secondary level Examination and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (each of full marks 200 or converted to 200) at Higher Secondary level Examination for each category provided the candidates satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
INSTRUCTION TO THE CANDIDATES SEEKING ADMISSION TO THE B.Sc.(Honours) COURSES : 2009-2010
1. A student who has obtained the Bachelor Degree from a recognized University is not eligible for admission to the Bachelor Degree course of this University.
2. A separate application form is to be filled for each Honours subject and for each reserved category.
3. The subsidiary subjects corresponding to different Honours subjects would be as follows: Chemistry(Hons.) Geological Sciences(Hons.) Mathematics(Hons.) Physics(Hons.)
Mathematics Mathematics Physics & Chemistry or Mathematics
Physics Physics/Chemistry Statistics & Computer Science Chemistry
‘Computer Programming and Applications’ is a compulsory subject for all B.Sc.(Honours) students.
4. Application Forms may be downloaded from J.U.Website (www.jadavpur.edu). In case of downloaded forms applicants are advised to download the Information Brochure and also the Pay-in-slip of State Bank of India for depositing Application Fee. Candidates should carefully read the instructions given in the Information Brochure before filling in the Application Form. The application fee of 50/- for each course of study is to be deposited separately in any branch of State Bank of India by filling in the Pay-in-slip. The Journal Number must be legible in the pay-in-slip, which needs to be used in the Form and other references. The pay-in-slip will contain 3 parts (for bank, for the candidate and for the application form, which should be attached with the Application Form before submission). Candidates are requested to keep the concerned part (for the candidate) of the pay-in-slip for future reference.
5. Application form must be properly filled in. Incomplete or irregular form will not be considered. No application form will be accepted after the scheduled last date of submission of application forms.
Provisional merit list(s) of candidates, to be called for interview, will be displayed on June 25, 2009 at 4.00 p.m. on the Notice Board of the Faculty of Science at U.G. Science Bldg. Ground Floor
More articles: Admission