How to address the envelopes?
ADDRESSING ENVELOPES- means the way of Writing address on Envelopes
It is important to prepare envelopes for the letters after they are typed, checked and signed by the authorized signatory. The envelopes used for letters are generally of two types:
(a) Windows Covers – These envelopes have some space for display of address through the window which is covered by a transparent thin paper. The letter is put into these envelopes is folded in such a way that the inside address written or typed comes exactly in the window and is visible to the reader. There is no need of writing address separately on the window envelope.
(b) Plain Envelopes – In Plan Envelopes it is important and necessary to write or type the address and name of the addressee. There are some important facts that are to be understood and they are:
(1) The name and address on the envelope should be written or typed legibly and properly so that it should be readable to all.
(2) The address should be complete and correct with pin code so that it should reach its desired destination in time.
(3) The display and spacing of address on the envelope should be prominent and attractive.
To achieve the above objectives there are some ground rules that are to be followed while addressing an envelope and they are:
(1) The sufficient space should be left at the upper left portion on the envelope so that postal stamps could be affixed easily and properly.
(2) The spelling of name and address should be written correctly and should be complete in all respect.
(3) The name and address should not be written in abbreviations as it might create chaos and confusion.
(4) The mailing notations or directions (‘Registered A.D’, ‘U.P.C’, ‘Confidential’ etc) should be preferably be written or typed at the top towards left margin of the envelope.
(5) The style of writing should be fully blocked or indented as it gives an attractive display and good display on the envelope.
(6) The sender’s name and address is usually printed on the envelope towards the left hand bottom corner or on the back or reverse of the envelope with the word “From” or the line “If undelivered please return to”.
If the sender’s name and address is not printed on the envelope then we should write or type the same in the above explained manner. The specimen of addressing an envelope is given below:
M/s ABC Pharmaceutical Ltd.
C-54, Janak Puri,
M/s XYZ Ltd.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "
How to address the envelopes?
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
gopal jee tiwari
Prem Singh Rathore
Sheo Shankar Jha
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.