Organisational behavior and its benefits
This article is a study of Organisational behavior and their benefits in a managerial set up towards a generalized progress of a relation or a company.
Organisational behaviour can be termed as the behaviour of persons in an organisation. It is an important aspect to understand others behavior in an organisation. The understanding of other behavior helps in influencing them. Human behavior is directed by external and internal forces. The appropriate analysis of these forces proves useful in understanding the behaviour of other persons in the organisation. The understanding behaviour has proved useful for the managers. It helps them in directing human energy in accomplishing the set goals of the organisation. The concept and study of organisational behaviour delivers guidelines for influencing the behaviour of persons in the organisation. There are many theories that describe the concept of organisational behaviour. According to Keith Davis, it is an academic discipline that is concerned with understanding and relating human behaviour in an organisational behaviour. It focuses on the complex human factor in the organisations. It is done through identifying the causes and effects of the observed particular behaviour. According to Joe Kelly, Organisational behaviour can be explained as the systematic study of the nature of the organisations. It thoroughly focuses on factors such as the origination of organisation, its growth and development and organisation effect on its members and other relative organisations etc.
According to Luthans, Organisational Behaviour is directly concerned with the understanding, prediction, and control of human behaviour in organisations.
According to Robbins, Organisational Behaviour can be described as a field of study that investigates the impact that individuals, groups, and structure have on behaviour within the organisations. This type of knowledge helps in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation. According to Baron and Greenberg, Organisational Behaviour can be described as field of study that seeks knowledge of behaviour in organisational settings by systematically studying individual, group, and organisational processes.
The study of OB has proved beneficial in many ways. The benefits of studying OB are as follows:
1. OB is a systematic study of the actions and attitudes that people exhibit within the organisation. It also helps any individual to understand his behaviour.
2. OB has proved instrumental for managers in getting their work done effectively.
3. OB lays emphasis on the interaction and relations between organisation and individual behaviour. It works as a positive attempt in fulfilling psychological agreement between organisation and the individuals.
4. OB delivers job satisfaction to employees and helps in developing work-related behaviour in the organisation.
5. OB helps in building motivating climate in the organisation.
6. OB helps in building cordial industrial relations.
7. OB smooths the progress of marketing by providing deeper insight of consumer behaviour and motivating and managing field employees.
8. OB helps in predicting behaviour and its application in meaningful way delivers effectiveness in the organisation.
9. OB implies effective management of human resources.
10. OB helps in improving functional behaviour within the organisation. It helps in attaining higher productivity, effectiveness, efficiency, organisational citizenship. It works effectively in reducing dysfunctional behaviour at work place like absenteeism, employee turnover, dissatisfaction, tardiness etc.
The study of OB has been considered to most valuable contribution in enhancing managerial skills. These are the following skills that are developed through OB in the mangers of the organisation. They are as follows:
1. Self development
2. Personality development
3. Development of human values and ethical perspective
4. Managing stress and achieving mental hygiene
5. Creative use of emotions
6. Creating learning individual and learning organisation
7. Managing creativity and innovation
8. Motivation and morale
9. Job satisfaction
10. Effective communication
11. Interpersonal effectiveness including persuasion, coaching, counselling, mentoring, goal setting, decision making, politicking, negotiation, conflict handling
12. Team building
14. Creating effective organisational culture
15. Managing change
16. Continuous development through behavioural interventions.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Organisational behavior and its benefits"
Guest Author: michelle diel 16 Nov 2014
thanks for the informations. It is a great help to me
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Win an apple watch by simply hitting any or all of the action items below!
Techulator Polls & Giveaways
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.