Pollution and its types
Pollution is an undesirable change in the physical, chemical or biological characteristics of air, water and soil they may harmfully affect the life or create a health of any living organism and deteriorate our environment.
Types of Pollution:
1. Air pollution
2. Water Pollution
3. Soil Pollution
4. Radiation Pollution
5. Noise Pollution
Effects of pollutions:
1. Sulphur dioxide from industries causes irritation of eyes and acid rain. Carbon monoxide from automobile exhaust causes reduction in and oxygen carrying capacity of blood.
2. Hydrocarbons released from automobile exhaust causes lung cancer.
3. Arsenic from thermal power plants in toxic to plants.
4. Ammonia released from fertilizers, industry causes irritation of mucous membrane, also affects agriculture.
5. Benzene released from automobile exhaust causes lukemia(Blood Cancer) and also causes chomosomal damage.
1. Chromium from industries is toxic and especially from tanneries is carcinogenic.
2. Mercury from pesticides is toxic and causes foetal brain damage.
3. Bacteria from sewage cause cholera, typhoid, hepatitis, dysentery.
4. Selenium from pesticides, industries causes cancer.
5. Loss of marine organisms.
6. Toxic chemicals in fish enter food chain and affect human health.
1. Arsenic pollution leads to a loss of appetite and weight, diarrhoea, gastro intestinal disorders, sometimes skin cancer.
2. Mercury from industrial wastes as methyl mercury is more toxic than any other forms of mercury. It causes neurological problems and damages kidney.
1. Radiations causes cancer, damage the cells, impaired metabolism and death of organisms.
1. Noise level of 80 decibels or more increase tension and changes in breathing patterns. It results in fatigue, hearing loss, changes in blood circulation.
DIAMOND Member - India Study Channel
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "
Pollution and its types
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
M. K. Singh
MVVS R ROOP KUMAR
G next star info tech pvt ltd
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.