New Member FAQ
Last 7 Days
Functions of leadership
The leadership functions of the managers are closely related with his managerial functions. The functions are different as well as overlapping in some ways. The leader working as manager has to set the group goal, make plans, motivate and inspire subordinates , supervise performance but has to perform several other functions as leader of the group. The five important functions of leadership are as follows:-
1) To develop team work: The first basic function of the leader is to develop his work-group as a team. The responsibility of a leader is to create a friendly work-environment by keeping a close view of his subordinates competence, needs and potential abilities.
2) To act as a representative of the work-group: The second function of leader is to act as a representative of the work group. The leader of a work-group is to expect to act as a link between the group and top management. The leader is expected to communicate the problems and grievances of his subordinates to top management in desired circumstances.
3) To act as a counsellor of the people at work: The third function of leader is to act as a counsellor of the people at work. The leader is expected to guide and advise the concerned subordinate when he is facing problems in connection with their performance at the work. The concerned problem can be technical or emotional in nature.
4) Time management: The fourth important function of leader is time management. The leader function is to check the timeliness completion at different stages of work and also ensuring quality and efficiency of work performed by the group.
5) Proper use of power: The fifth most important function of leader is the proper use of power. The leader should be intelligible and observant enough to exercise his power in relation to his subordinates in different ways as per the needs of the situation. The leader can use powers like reward power, coercive power, or expert power, formal or informal power to stimulate positive response from his subordinates.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Functions of leadership"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Advertisement Posting Website Project
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Team Building and its processes
eBilling and Invoice System project
Strategies to resolve conflict
Impact of conflict
Confict in the organisation and its process
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
sherin susan paul
Naresh Kumar Behera
Runa N Borah
AdSense Revenue Sharing sites
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.