Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
VTU - CONSTITUTION OF INDIA AND PROFESSIONAL ETHICS - Syllabus
CONSTITUTION OF INDIA AND PROFESSIONAL ETHICS
Common to All branches, I/II Semester
Sub Code : 06 CIP 18/06 CIP 28 IA Marks : 25
Hrs/ Week : 02 Exam Hours : 02
Total Hrs. : 26 Exam Marks : 50
1. Preamble to the constitution of India. Fundamental rights under Part – III
– details of Exercise of rights, Limitations & Important cases.
2. Relevance of Directive principles of State Policy under Part – IV.
Fundamental duties & their significance. 03 Hours
3. Union Executive – President, Prime Minister, Parliament & the Supreme
Court of India. 03 Hours
4. State executive – Governors, Chief Minister, State Legislator and High
Courts. 03 Hours
5. Constitutional Provisions for Scheduled Castes & Tribes, Women &
Children & Backward classes. Emergency Provisions. 04 Hours
6. Electoral process, Amendment procedure, 42nd, 44th, 74th, 76th, 86th
and 91st Constitutional amendments. 03 Hours
7. Scope & aims of engineering Ethics. Responsibility of Engineers.
Impediments to responsibility. 03 Hours
8. Honesty, Integrity and reliability, risks, safety & liability in engineering.
1 Durga Das Basu: “Introduction to the Constitution of India” (Students
Edn.) Prentice – Hall EEE, 19th/20th Edn., 2001.
2 “Engineering Ethics” by Charles E.Haries, Michael. S.Pritchard and
Michael J.Robins Thompson Asia, 2003-08-05.
1 “An Introduction to Constitution of India” by M.V.Pylee, Vikas
2 “Engineering Ethics” by M. Govindarajan, S.Natarajan, V.S.
Senthilkumar., Prentice – Hall of India Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi, 2004.
Scheme of examination:
Question paper is of objective type. Students have to pass this subject
compulsorily. However, marks will not be considered for awarding
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...