Process of Organisational Development
The process of Organisational Development comprises of follows steps and they are:-
1. Initial Diagnosis
2. Data Collection
3. Data Feedback
4. Selection of Interventions
5. Implementation of interventions
6. Action planning and problem solving
7. Team Building
8. Inter-Group Development
9. Evaluation and Follow up
1. Initial Diagnosis: The initial diagnosis refers to finding the inadequacies within the organisation that can be corrected by OD activities then it is necessary to find out the professionally competent persons within organisation to plan and execute OD activities. The outside consultants can be also employed to help in diagnosing the problems and diagnosing OD activities. The consultants adopt various methods and that primarily includes interviews, questionnaires, direct observation, analysis of documents and reports for diagnosing the problem.
2. Data Collection: The survey method is employed to collect the data for determining organizational climate. It also helps in identifying the behavioural problems that are rising in the organisation.
3. Data Feedback: The collected data are analyzed and reviewed by various work groups that are formed for this purpose. It is done in order to intervene in the areas of disagreement or confrontation of ideas or opinions.
4) Selection of Interventions: The interventions can be described as the planned activities that are introduced into the system to achieve desired changes and improvements. The suitable interventions are to be selected and designed at this stage.
5) Implementation of Interventions: The selected intervention should be implemented progressively as the process is not a one shot, quick cure for organisational problems. Consequently, it achieves real and lasting change in the attitudes and behaviour of employees.
6) Action Planning and Problem Solving: To solve the specific and identified problems by using the collected data, groups prepare recommendations and specific action planning.
7) Team Building: The consultants explain the advantages of the teams in OD process and encourage the employees throughout the process to form into groups and teams.
8) Inter-group Development: After the formation of groups/teams, the consultants encourage the inter-group meetings, interaction etc.
9) Evaluation and follow up: The organisation should evaluate the OD programmes and should find out their utility, and develop the programmes further for correcting the deviations. The consultants make great significance to the organisation in this respect. The entire steps in the OD processes should be followed by the organisation in order to derive full range of OD benefits.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "
Process of Organisational Development
18 Oct 2009 Member Level:
This article is really very helpful to me for understanding this language is very easy. It helped in finding the answer which I was not getting from book. As an MBA student it helped me in my assignment also
Thank you so much
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Win an apple watch by simply hitting any or all of the action items below!
Techulator Polls & Giveaways
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Hafeezur Rahman P
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. © All Rights Reserved.