Resources » Admissions » General Admissions
Jadavpur University Admission to M.Sc., Kolkata
Admission to the M.Sc. (Day) Course : 2009-2010
Applications are invited from Indian nationals for admission to the M.Sc, (Day) Course in (a) Applied Geology, (b) Biotechnology, (c) Chemistry, (d) Electronic Sciences, (e) Mathematics, (f) Physics and (g) Instrumentation.
Minimum Eligibility :
1. Applied Geology: 55% mams in the 3-year B.Sc, (Honours) in Geology/ Geological Sciences with Mathematics and Physics/ Chemistry as subsidiary subjects.
2. 2. Biotechnology : Minimum 55% marks or equivalent in B.Sc. (Honours) in any branch of Science with at least 50% marks in Mathematics in the H.S. level.
3. 3. Chemistry : 60% marks in the 3-year B.Sc (Honours) in Chemistry with Mathematics and Physics as subsidiary subjects.
4. 4. Electronic Sciences : 60% marks in the 3-year B.Sc, (Honours) in Physics/Electronics with Mathematics as one of She subsidiary subjects.
5. 5. Mathemafics: 55% marks in the 3-vear B.Sc. (Honours) in Mathematics.
6. 6. Physics: 60% marts in the 3-year B.Sc. (Honours) in Physics with Mathematics as one of the subsidiary subjects,
7. 7. instrumentation : 50% marks in the 3-year B.Sc. (Honours/ Major) in Pnyslcs/ Instrumentation/Electronics/ Chemistry (having pass subject in Physics and Mathematics). Candidate should have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in the H.S. level. In case of SC/ST category, minimum requirement is pass mark 40% in the 3-years B.Sc. (Honours/Major) in the respective subjects mentioned above, in addition, for M.Sc. Biotechnology, securing 50% marks in Mathematics in H.S. level is also a minimum requirement for SC/ST candidate. For M.Sc. Biotechnology/ Instrumentation :
Those who have appeared in the B.Sc.(Honours/Equivalent) Final Examination and whose results are awaited may also apply for M.Sc. Biotechnology and M.Sc. Instrumentation Course, But they must submit the B.Sc, (Honours/ Equivalent) Final Examination Marksheet within August 11,2009. Otherwise their candidature will be treated as cancelled.
Application Form(s) can be obtained from July 13,2009 to July 23,2004 either from the university Information Counter between 11,00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. (Monday to-Friday except Saturday & holidays) on Cash Payment of Rs.50/- or by downloading from the website www.jadavpur. edu. In case of downloaded forms applicants are advised to download the Information Brochure and also the Pay-in-slip of State Bank of India for depositing Application Fee. Candidates should carefully read the instruction given in the information Brochure before Form, The application fee of RS.50/- for each course of study is to be deposited separately in any Branch of State Bank of India by filling in the Pay-in-slip, The Journal Number must be legible in the pay-in-slip, which needs to be used in the Form and other references. The say-in-slip will contain 3 parts (for bank, for the candidate and for the application form, which should be attached with the Application form before submission). Candidates are requested to keep the concerned part (for the candidate) of the pay-in-slip for future reference. Name of the candidate(s). Address and the subject (for which applied for) should be written in block letter at the backside of the Pay-in-slip, Duly filled in Application Forms wilt be received at the University Information Counter from 11.00 a.m. to 04.00 p.m,(Recess : 2.00 p.m.-2.30 p.m.) on weekdays (Monday to Friday, except Saturday & holidays).
The last date of submission of duly filled-in Application Form(s) (including downloaded form) at the University Information Counter, is July 23,2009.
Filled-in Application Form(s) sent by Post will not be accepted.
Reservation of seats under SC/ST/PD quota as per rules. It is to be noted that Ragging is prohibited as per the decision of the Supreme Court of India in writ Petition No (C) 656/1998. Full-free and Half-free studentship to the extent of 15% and 10% respectively of the total permitted intake may be granted to the deserving students fulfilling all the eligibility requirements to that effect.
Secretary Faculty Council of Science
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...