UNIT I MEASUREMENT OF VOLTAGE AND CURRENT 9
Galvanometers – Ballistic, D’Arsonval galvanometer – Theory, Calibration and applications –Construction, Operation and Comparison of moving coil and moving iron meters – Dynamometer instruments – Induction type and thermal type meter – Rectifier type – Extension of range of voltmeter and ammeter – Errors and compensation.
UNIT II MEASUREMENT OF POWER AND ENERGY 9
Electrodynamometer type wattmeter – Theory – Errors – Methods of correction – LPF wattmeter – Phantom loading – Induction type kWh meter – Induction type energy meter – Calibration of wattmeter.
UNIT III POTENTIOMETERS AND INSTRUMENT TRANSFORMERS 9
D.C potentiometer – Basic circuit – Standardization – Laboratory type (Crompton’s) – A.C potentiometer – Drysdale (polar type) type – Gall-Tinsley (coordinate) type – Limitations – Applications – C.T and P.T construction – Theory – Operation and characteristics.
UNIT IV RESISTANCE MEASUREMENT 9
Measurement of low, medium and high resistance – Ammeter-voltmeter method – Wheatstone bridge – Kelvin double bridge – Series and shunt type ohmmeter – High resistance measurement – Megger – Direct deflection methods – Price’s guard-wire method – Earth resistance measurement.
UNIT V IMPEDANCE MEASUREMENT 9
A.C bridges – Measurement of inductance, capacitance – Q of coil – Maxwell Bridge – Wein’s bridge – Schering bridge – Anderson bridge – Campbell bridge to measure mutual inductance – Errors in A.C. bridge methods and their compensation – Detectors – Excited field – A.C. galvanometer – Vibration galvanometer
L: 45 T: 15 Total: 60
1. E.W.Golding, F.C.Widdis, “Electrical Measurements & Measuring Instruments”, A.H.Wheeler & Co, 2001
2. A.K. Sawhney, “Electrical & Electronic Measurements and Instrumentation”, Dhanpat Rai & Co, 2004
1. J.B.Gupta, “A Course in Electronic and Electrical Measurements and Instrumentation”, S.K. Kataria & Sons, Delhi, 2003.
2. S.K.Singh, “Industrial Instrumentation and control”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2nd Edition, 2002
3. H.S.Kalsi, “Electronic Instrumentation”, Tata McGraw Hill, 2004
4. Martin U. Reissland, “Electrical Measurement-Fundamental Concepts and Applications”, New Age International, 2001
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
M. K. Singh
M. K. Singh
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.