Precautions for Using LPG

This article describes about the precautions to be taken while using LPG gas.

Precautions for Using LPG

1. Before lighting a match stick we should make sure that there is no foul smell of the leaking gas in the kitchen, near the gas cylinder or gas stove. If we smell gas leakage on entering the kitchen, then the door and windows should be opened at once to allow the gas to escape. This is because, though LPG is not a poisonous gas, but when inhaled in large quantities, it is quite harmful and can even cause death.

The gas cylinder, rubber tubing and gas stove should then be checked to find out the source of gas leakage. The gas should be used only when the leakage has been set right by the gas mechanic. We should never light a match-stick or a candle during the leakage of LPG in the kitchen.

2. We should not use any hot flames like a kerosene lamp, kerosene stove or electric heater near the gas cylinder.

3. We should never use a leaking gas cylinder. The gas agency should be informed and the leaking gas cylinder replaced at the earliest.

4. We should handle the gas cylinder with care so that its valve does not get damaged.

5. The rubber pipe connecting the gas cylinder to gas stove should be checked periodically for any wear and tear.

6. In order to light the gas stove, we should first open the valve of the cylinder and then turn on the knob of gas stove.

7. In order to put off the gas stove, we should first close the valve of the cylinder and after that the knob of the gas stove should be turned off.

8. When the gas is not being used, the valve of the gas cylinder and the knobs of the gas stove must be kept closed.


  • Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
  • No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
  • This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
  • Name: