EC 412 ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENTS AND INSTRUMENTATION
IV B Tech Second Semester ECE
BASIC MEASUREMENT CONCEPTS
Measurement systems – Static and dynamic characteristics – error analysis – moving coil meters - DC ammeters, DC voltmeters, Series type ohmmeter, Shunt type ohmmeter, multimeter - moving iron meters – Bridge measurements – Wheatstone, Kelvin, Guarded Wheatstone, Maxwell, Hay, Schering, Anderson and Wein bridge.
BASIC ELECTRONIC MEASUREMENTS
AC voltmeters using rectifiers, True RMS responding voltmeter, Electronic multimeter – Comparison of analog and digital techniques – digital voltmeter - Ramp, Stair case ramp, Integrating, Continuous balance, Successive approximation.
Frequency counters – measurement of frequency and time interval – extension of frequency range – measurement errors - Cathode ray oscilloscopes – block schematic – applications – special oscilloscopes – Storage and sampling oscilloscopes – wave analyzer - distortion analyzer - spectrum analyzer – Q meters.
Introduction, Classification of transducers, Analog transducers, Resistive transducers, Potentiometers, Strain gauges, Types of strain gauges, Resistance strain gauges, Semiconductor strain gauges, Resistance thermometers, Thermometers, Application of Thermistors, Thermo couple construction, Measurement of thermocouple output, Compensating circuits, Advantages and disadvantages of thermocouples, Variable inductance type transducer, Variation of self inductance, Variation of mutual inductance, Linear variable differential transformer, Rotary variable differential transformer, Capacitive transducers, Piezo-electric transducers, Digital transducers, Shaft Encoder.
1. Albert D. Helfrick and William D .Cooper – Modern Electronic Instrumentation and Measurement Techniques, Prentice Hall of India, 2003.
2. A K Sawahney, Electrical And Electronics Measurement and Instrumentation, Dhanpat Rai,2000
1. H S Kalsi, Electronic instrumentation, TMH, 1995.
2. Ernest O. Doebelin, Measurement Systems- Application and Design-Tata McGraw-Hill-2004.
3. Oliver B.M. & Cage – Electronic Measurements & Instrumentation -Tata McGraw Hill
No responses found. Be the first to respond...