Resources » Articles/Knowledge Sharing » Syllabus
FABRIC MANUFACTURING TECHNOLOGY
UNIT I BASIC CONCEPTS 12
Basic Weaving motions – Warp Let- off, shedding, filling insertion, beat-up, take-up – Auxiliary
functions – Classification of looms – Loom timing diagram for different motions – Negative and
positive cam shedding – Negative and positive dobby shedding – Cross border dobby – Pick finding
device and dobby pegging.
UNIT II PRIMARY MOTIONS 12
Jacquard shedding – Single Lift, single cylinder, double lift, single cylinder, double lift, double cylinder
jacquards, electronic jacquards – Card cutting lasing – Cone overpick, side leverpick, cone underpick,
ruti underpick, swell checking, check straps, hydraulic swell checking, check straps, hydraulic
checking, 4 bar 6 bar linkage, beat up mechanism, crank arm types.
UNIT III SECONDARY AND AUXILARY MOTIONS 12
Weaving Accessories – Types and selection of heald wires, heald frames, reeds, shuttles, picking
accessories, drop wires, temples.
Negative let off and positive let off, five and seven wheel take up motions, continuous take up motion,
loose reed and fast reed mechanisms – Types of warp stop motions – Multiple box motions, pick at will
UNIT IV SHUTTLELESS WEAVING 12
Weft feelers – Different types – Pirn transfer mechanisms, thread cutters, eye and temple cutters –
Yarn quality requirements for shuttleless looms – Principles of weft insertion in shuttleless loom – Weft
accumulators – Selvedges – Mechanisms of weft insertion by projectile, rapier, airjet and waterjet,
technoeconomics of shuttleless weaving.
UNIT V DEVELOPMENTS IN WEAVING 12
Multiphase looms, quick style changes, weaving of rotor spun yarns, blended yarns, filament yarns –
denim – Warp preparation and weaving of terry fabrics– Improving productivity.
1. Sriramlu, P.K., Ajgaonkar, D.B. and Talukdar, M.K., “Weaving Machines: Mechanisms,
Management”, Mahajan Publishers, 1998.
2. Marks, P. and Robinson, A.T.C., “Principles of Weaving”, The Textile Institute Manchester,
1. Lord, P.R. and Mohamed, M.H., “Weaving: Conversion of Yarn to Fabric”, Merrow
2. Chakravorthy, B., “Mechanism of Weaving Machines”, Chakravorthy Serampore, 1982.
3. Ormerod, “Modern Preparation and Weaving”, Butterworths and Co. Ltd., 1983.
4. Talavasek, O.and Svaty, V., “Shuttleless Weaving Machines”, Elsevier Scientific Pub. Co.,
5. Adanur, S., “Handbook of Weaving”, Technomic Publishing Co., 2001.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Return to Article Index
Active MembersTodayLast 7 Daysmore...