hiring content writers
to work from home
Crash Diets - Harmful for health
Posted Date: 03-Nov-2009
Crash or fad diets do more harm than good to your body. These restricted diets don’t work as once you are off these diets you regain all the weight that you lost out of which maximum is fat. This happens because when we eat less our survival instinct drives us to lay down more fat reserves and metabolizes muscle instead. So with repeated trails of crash dieting, we instead put on more weight along with an increase in the fat percentage.
A weight loss 3 to 5 kg per week can ruin your health completely. Ideally there should not be more than 1 kg weight loss per week. It is important to have a healthy eating pattern and it should be considered a lifetime goal not a temporary obsession.
WHAT DIFFERENT CRASH/FAD DIETS CAN DO?
1. A high carbohydrate diet interferes with the functioning of the pituitary glands and the pancreas resulting in increased fat deposits in the body and can even lead to diabetes.
2. A low carbohydrate diet results in loss of energy and low blood pressures.
3. A very high protein diet can result in reduction of blood sugar levels and can put load on the kidneys.
4. A mono diet eating only one particular type of food over a period of time is deficient in nutrients and leads to irritation, giddiness, palpitation, anaemia and frequent headaches.
5. A liquid diet can lead to lethargy and dehydration due to imbalance in the salts.
6. Liquid protein powders are potentially dangerous as they can cause dehydration by causing rapid water loss and can affect the electrolyte balance of the cell.
7. Appetite suppressants have side effects like anxiety, depression, and excessive appetite once you stop them.
So eating the right foods in the right amounts is the true mantra for a healthy diet pattern.
If you follow this with regular exercise you will be a good loser, losing only your kilos and not your health.
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to "Crash Diets - Harmful for health"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Carrot Juice is good for health
Return to Resources
Post New Resource
Post resources and
Cancer-Cancer Prognosis, Cancer Prevention, Primary prevention
Pneumonia – Health Tips
Oxygen Circulation Machine (OCM)
Tag posting guidelines
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Hafeezur Rahman P
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.