As you know that every thing has its own advantage and disadvantages similarly E-Commerce is not an exception. Here are advantages and disadvantages of E-Commerce technology.
Advantages of E-Commerce : -
- It increases sales and thus decreases costs of the goods.
- Advertising on the web can make a big or small firm's promotional message reach out to potential customers all over the world.
- A firm can reach narrow market segmets that are widely scattered throughout the world.
- Low cost medium disseminating information and processing transactions.
- Provides the buyers a wider range of choices than traditional commerce technology.
- Help protect against frauds and theft losses because electronic payments can be easier to monitor than payments made by cheques.
- Enables people to work from home and has an added benefit of reduction in traffic and pollution caused by employees who have to communicate to office.
Disadvantages of E-Commerce : -
- Things like food, jewelry, antiques etc. can never turn to e-commerce because it is not possible to inspect them from remove locations.
- Many firms have had trouble recruiting and retaining employees with the technological, design and business process skills needed to create an effective electronic commerce presence.
- Frauds are not completely eliminated in the e-commerce transactions.
- Cyber laws are not properly enacted and the existing ones are not clearly defined.