Visiting Students Program 2008.(IGIDR)
Posted Date: 18-Feb-2008
isiting Students Program 2008
Welcome to IGIDR Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research Description : Welcome to IGIDR Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research
As part of its outreach activities, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is seeking applications for the Visiting Students Program 2008.
· Visiting Students Program is meant to provide a taste of economics research for Master’s (M.A., M.B.A., M.Com., M.Sc. and M.Stat.) and final year engineering (BE, B.Tech.) students of other Colleges/Institutes/Universities.
· Eligibility: For those pursuing their Master’s in Economics, eligibility for this program is at least a Second Division at their Bachelor’s level. For students of other disciplines, eligibility is a First Division in their previous degree obtained (for B.E./B.Tech. students, their performance in the first three years or whatever is available will also be taken into consideration).
· Selection would be based on a statement of purpose of one page (about 300 words), curriculum vitae and recommendation letter from their College/Institute/University with all communication details of the concerned authority.
· Emoluments: Selected participants will be paid Rs.4000/- per month, to and fro second-class train fare and allowed to stay at IGIDR for a period of four-to-eight weeks at a stretch, any time during the year. During their stay, they would be provided free accommodation at IGIDR.
· Faculty guidance and visit time: Selected students would be assigned a faculty member for guidance although they are free to interact with all the faculty members and students. The time of visit to be decided by the participant in consultation with the faculty s/he is assigned with, but this has to be done within the calendar year of 2008.
· Requirement: At the end of the stay, the participant is required to submit a report (self-study or survey of issues among others). The report will be archived at IGIDR. Further academic outcomes from the stay should be duly acknowledged and the same intimated to IGIDR.
· Foreign students are also encouraged to apply. However, in such cases there would be no financial commitment by the institute. The institute may provide local hospitality.
· Applications can be sent electronically (supporting documents should be scanned) or by post (only self-attested copies of supporting documents be sent now) to reach IGIDR by 21 December 2007. The subject head for email and top of the envelope for post should indicate APPLICATION FOR VISITING STUDENTS PROGRAM 2008. Selected participants would be intimated about the decision by mid January.
· Communication details
Visiting Students Program 2008
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR)
General A. K. Vaidya Marg
Did you like this resource? Share it with your friends and show your love!
Responses to " Visiting Students Program 2008.(IGIDR)"
No responses found. Be the first to respond...
Notify me by email when others post comments to this article.
Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
to fill automatically.
(Will not be published, but
to validate comment)
Type the numbers and letters shown on the left.
Subscribe to Email
Get Jobs by Email
Forum posts by Email
Articles by Email
Awards & Gifts
Last 7 Days
Hafeezur Rahman P
R. Gautham Shenoy
ISC Technologies, Kochi - India. Copyright © All Rights Reserved.