Biodata of Pratibha Devisingh Patil
Name : Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil
Father's Name : Shri Narayan Rao
Date of Birth : 19th December, 1934
Place of Birth : Distt. Jalgaon (Maharashtra)
Marital Status : Married on 7th July, 1965
Spouse's Name : Sh. Devisingh Ransingh Shekhawat
Children : One son & one daughter
Educational Qualifications : M.A., LL.B.Educated at M.J. College, Jalgaon (Maharashtra) & Govt. Law College, Bombay.
Profession : Social worker, practiced as Advocate at Jalgaon.
Permanent Address :
(a) 57, New Congress Nagar, Opp. Govt. Milk Scheme, Amravati (Maharashtra)
(b) 1701, Wainganga, Worli Sagar Cooperative Housing Society, Pochkhanwala Road, Worli, Bombay - 400 018.
Present Address :
Raj Bhawan, Civil Lines, Jaipur. Tel. (0141) 2228792 (Secretary), 2228716 (PBX) Fax (0141) 2228737 (ADC)
- Governor of Rajasthan: November 8, 2004 – present
- Member of Parliament(Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha): 1985 – 1996
- Member of Maharashtra Legislative Assembly: 1962 – 1985
- Deputy Minister, Public Health, Prohibition, Tourism, Housing and Parliamentary Affairs, Govt. of Maharasthra: 1967-72
- Cabinet Minister, Social Welfare, Govt. of Maharashtra: 1972-74
- Cabinet Minister, Public Health and Social Welfare, Maharasthra: 1974-75
- Cabinet Minister, Prohibition, Rehabilitation and Cultural Affairs, Govt. of Maharashtra: 1975-76
- Cabinet Minister, Education, Govt. of Maharashtra: 1977-78
- Leader of Opposition, CLP(I), Govt. of Maharashtra: 1979-1980
- Cabinet Minister, Urban Development and Housing,
Govt. of Maharashtra: 1982-85
- Cabinet Minister, Civil Supplies and Social Welfare,
Govt. of Maharashtra : 1983-85
- Elected to Rajya Sabha: June, 1985-90
- Deputy Chairman, Rajya Sabha: 1986-1988
- Chairman, Committee on Privileges, Rajya Sabha Member, Business Advisory Committee, Rajya Sabha: 1986-88
- Elected to 10th Lok Sabha Chairperson, House Committee, Lok Sabha: 1991
- Governor of Rajasthan: 8 November 2004
- Sworn-in as the President of India on 25.07.2007
- 16th Governor of the Rajasthan.
- Served as the deputy chairperson of Rajya Sabha
- Rajasthan's first female governor
- Currently the President of India
Pratibha patil's Family Life
Born into the wealthy Jalgaon town of Maharashtra, Pratibha Patil was married to Devisingh Shekhawat of Amravati in Vidarbha 42 years ago. They have one son and one daughter.
Prathibha Patil is a post-graduate in arts and law, having studied both in the small town and in Mumbai. She was first elected to the Maharashtra assembly in 1962. She remained a member of the house until 1988.
From 1967 to 1972, she was a deputy minister in the Maharashtra government, and then from 1972 to 1978 was a cabinet minister in the state holding several portfolios. She was the opposition leader in the Maharashtra assembly in 1979-80.
For two years from 1986, Pratibha Patil was deputy chairman of the Rajya Sabha. Widely travelled, she was last elected to the Lok Sabha in 1991, in the general election marred by the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi.
Besides having been president of the Maharashtra Congress chapter, she is credited with establishing hostels for "working women" in Mumbai and New Delhi, an engineering college at Jalgaon for rural youth, a women's cooperative bank also at Jalgaon, and schools for poor children in Maharashtra.
The President, Smt. Pratibha Devisingh Patil, being sworn-in as the President of India by the Chief Justice of India, in the Central Hall of Parliament on 25/07/2007
The President, Mrs. Pratibha Patil, receiving salute from the Inter Services Guard of Honour at the Forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhavan on 25/07/2007.
|Author: Pankaj Gupta 03 Nov 2008||Member Level: Gold Points : 0|
|Nice post. thank you|
Can I also write such post?
and how to insert photo?