|Author: Aspirant1 13 Jun 2009||Member Level: Diamond||Rating: Points: 6|
|Preparing for GATE can be as easy as preparing for your college examinations. Just take little cautions while studying any topic and do remember that GATE paper focus on your in depth knowledge of subject, your basics, presence of mind during examination etc.|
I’ll recommend following while preparing for your GATE exams people may differ as this is my personnel opinion :
1. Always follow standard books for GATE. Try to cover complete syllabus. If not possible expertise in what ever portion of syllabus you practice.
2. Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic. This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before paper.
3. While reading any chapter/topic do ask your self following questions "What", "How", and "Why" and see improvement
4. Best way to prepare is to follow cycle Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve, Learn, Test, Analyze, Improve.
5. Do remember that GATE is completely objective question based test. Most of time solving objective questions is tricky. Learn tips to solve GATE objective questions.
7. In case of doubts do ask some expert or use forums to discuss questions as provided by http://www.indiastudychannel.com/ or ask me.
8. Don’t worry if your percentage in university exams is low as GATE admissions do not consider them. Just maintain minimum percentage required by many colleges including IIT’s. Look at GATE Cutoff and eligibility section to know eligibility and cut off of various colleges.
9. Group study is one of the best ways of preparation. Divide sections/topics between you and your partner and have a brief session on topic from your friend before you actually start topic. This will save your time and efforts and will improve your and your partner’s understanding on the topic.
10. Normally coaching GATE is not required but if you are not able to concentrate much then this is a good option.
Recommended Books for GATE Computer Science.
* Mathematical Logic: Discrete Mathematics by Tremblay Manohar, Probability , statistics and queuing theory " by S.C.Gupta & V.K.Kapoor
* Graph Theory: Narsingh Deo
* Linear Algebra: Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S. Grewal
* Numerical Methods: S.S. Sastry
* Formal Language and Automata Theory: Formal Languages and Automata theory " , J.D.Ullman etal
* Analysis of Algorithms and Computational Complexity: Introduction to algorithms " - Cormen etal, " Computer Algorithms " - Horowitz and Sahani
* Digital Logic: " Digital Logic circuits and Design " by Morris Mano
* Computer Organization: " Computer Organisation " by Morris Mano
Some Other Important books
" Multiple choice questions " - Timothy . J . Williams , TMH publications
" Gate Question Papers " - G.K.Publishers
|Author: shabu 17 Jun 2009||Member Level: Bronze||Rating: Points: 1|
|Thanks Sundar... your answer is very useful for me to prepare for GATE...|
|Author: DarkNight 21 Aug 2009||Member Level: Silver||Rating: Points: 4|
|Thanks sundhar for this valuable post. I had been searching for GATE books on various sites from few days.But i didnt find any good and standard books. |
Hope you will be helping regarding this one and give the list of all books for all subjects.
|Author: Aspirant1 25 Aug 2009||Member Level: Diamond||Rating: Points: 4|
Thanks for your question. You can get the video courses as DVD.
Accessing Video Courses For Individuals
Keep post something useful and related to GATE and Public Sector Exams.
|Author: Ghulam 26 Aug 2009||Member Level: Silver||Rating: Points: 3|
Thanx for your valuable information.
I saw the Link.
could you let me know what will be the course name if I am from Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering??
|Author: Aspirant1 26 Aug 2009||Member Level: Diamond||Rating: Points: 6|
|Author: Ghulam 26 Aug 2009||Member Level: Silver||Rating: Points: 1|
|Does these courses have thier Individual DVD's, or all of them all included in a single one.|
|Author: Aspirant1 26 Aug 2009||Member Level: Diamond||Rating: Points: 0|
|These courses have thier Individual DVD's.|
|Author: Ghulam 26 Aug 2009||Member Level: Silver||Rating: Points: 0|
|oook thnx a lot Sundar..|
|Author: kundankc 18 Sep 2009||Member Level: Bronze||Rating: Points: 3|
send d link for video lecture for gate for computer science....
one link is given but this link contains only math and networking
plz send d link for operating system ,automata theory,dbms,algorithm
|Author: sandip kumar choudhary 18 Sep 2009||Member Level: Bronze||Rating: Points: 2|
i m student of 3rd yr
pls give right way to choose books for instrumentation engg.(in).
i'll b vary thankful 2 u.
|Author: JITENDRA KUMAR M 08 Oct 2009||Member Level: Bronze||Rating: Points: 2|
|hi can u provide me the names of books and their authors for the course electronics and communication engineering |
|Author: akhil 08 Oct 2009||Member Level: Bronze||Rating: Points: 1|
|hello friends can u tell me for new iit colleges and for sits in iit .. |
thanks in advance
|Author: asif 22 Mar 2010||Member Level: Bronze||Rating: Points: 2|
|for instrumentation engineering or any other branch you can use gk publications book or join the ace academy in hydrabaad|