Training Centers » Competitive Examination Training » GATE Entrance » Elite Academy
GATE for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering
31 Jan 2009
Posted By: Saranya
Member Level: Diamond
|| Elite Academy
||GATE for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering
ELITE - GATE for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an All India examination conducted by The Indian Institutes of Technology and the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, on behalf of the National Coordinating Board - GATE, Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
GATE is generally conducted on the second Sunday of February every year.
Admission to all Post Graduate Degree Programmes with MHRD Scholarship / Assistantship in Engineering / Technology/ Architecture/Pharmacy in India are open to those who qualify at GATE.
More importantly, GATE percentile score is valid for Doctorate programmes.
GATE qualified candidates in the engineering disciplines are also eligible for the award of Junior Research Fellowship in CSIR Laboratories.
GATE percentile score is valid for CEED programmes at IIT Kanpur & IISc Bangalore. As a matter of practice, industries have also started giving preference to good GATE percentile score card holders for employment purposes.
1. The following categories of candidates are eligible to appear for GATE.
a) Indian nationals who have completed or are in the final year or pre-final year of their qualifying degree from Indian Institutions/Universities at the time of application;
b) Indian nationals who have obtained their qualifying degree from an Institution/University abroad which is recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to a qualifying degree from India;
2. Qualifying Degree for GATE :
a) Bachelors degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/Pharmacy and those who are in the final year or Pre-final year of such programmes.
b) Masters degree holders in any branch of Science /Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year or Pre-final year of such programmes.
c) Candidates in the 2nd year or higher year of the Post B.Sc. Four Year Integrated Masters Degree programme in Engineering / Technology or in the third or higher year of Five year Integrated Master's degree and Dual Degree programmes in Engineering/Technology.
d) Candidates with professional qualifications like AMIE by examination (recognised by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech for purpose of employement) and those who have completed Section A or equivalent of such professional courses.
All candidates of GATE will appear in a single paper of 3 hours duration and of 150 Marks.
GATE is conducted in 20 papers :
ELITE - GATE 2009 / 2010
A Correspondence Course consisting of Course Materials and Question Bank for students desirous of appearing in GATE
We conduct courses for the following subjects :
1. Chemical Engineering(CH)
3. Civil Engineering(CE)
4. Computer Science & Engineering(CS)
5. Electrical Engineering (EE)
6. Electronics & Communication Engineering(EC)
7. Instrumentation Engineering(IN)
9. Mechanical Engineering(ME)
10. Metallurgical Engineering (MT)
11. Pharmaceutical Sciences(PY)
12. Production and Industrial Engineering (PI)
14. Engineering Sciences (XE)
(a) Engg. Mathematics (Compulsory) (b) Fluid Mechanics (c) Materials Science (d) Solid Mechanics (e) Thermodynamics
16. Life Sciences (XL)
(a) Chemistry (Compulsory) (b) Biochemistry (c) Microbiology (d) Botany (e) Zoology(f) Biotechnology
Note : Pharmaceutical Sciences is being discontinued from GATE 2010
SALIENT FEATURES OF ELITE - GATE
-Covers the entire syllabus
- Extensive Theory provided
- Lot of Examples provided to supplement the theory
- A number of objective type questions included
- Acts as a supplementary study material for your Final / Pre-Final Degree preparation
- 13 - 18 volumes in each subject
- In XE & XL, 4-5 volumes in each subject
- Elite-Gate Test Series(ETS)
ELITE-GATE QUESTION BANK : A collection of questions with solutions from previous GATE actual papers. These varied type of questions with solutions will improve your basic knowledge of the subject and also provide ample scope for practice.
GATE 2009 -19 years papers (1990-2008), GATE 2010 - 20 years papers (1990-2009)
A thorough study of our Course with Question Bank would be the best bet for success at GATE
Add Course to this Training Center
Add Course to this training Center
- Financial Accounting I +SAP125+ERP001+ERP020 - Genovate Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, Thane
- Financial Accounting II + SM001 - Genovate Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, Thane
- SCM - Procurement I + SAP125+ERP001+SAP210 - Genovate Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, Thane
- SCM - Procurement II + SM001 - Genovate Solutions (India) Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai, Thane
- Campus Programme - Siemens Information Systems Ltd. (SISL), Mumbai
- Financial Accounting - BPCL SAP Training Center, Mumbai
- Management Accounting - BPCL SAP Training Center, Mumbai
- Human Resources (HR) - BPCL SAP Training Center, Mumbai
- Supply Chain Management - Order fulfilment - BPCL SAP Training Center, Mumbai
- Supply Chain Management - Procurement - BPCL SAP Training Center, Mumbai